Sunday, June 5, 2016

May 7, 2016 "¿Habéis preguntado al Señor?


Tortillas: 10


Saludos desde el bendito pais de Guatemala! Everything has been going great this week! A down was one morning when my companion and I went running, he fell and jacked up his knee with a huge scrape and bruise, so that left his unable to work for the last couple of days but the Lord has blessed us with people to help us do divisions so that I could at least go and visit our investigators!





 We continue to see much progress in the families that we are teaching, and we see every day how the Lord prepares his children to receive the Gospel. A blessing we received this week was the opportunity to have companionship study with our Mission President and his wife, and then have him accompany us to a visit that night! I am so grateful for the inspired service that he gives, and his amazing example that has changed me and helped me grow. He has helped me to learn much about faithfulness in the Lords service, and using the Holy Spirit to do this work.


Mejor Milagro:


In one of these nights that my companion was not able to go out, I was able to leave with a member who is leaving on a mission in 3 weeks. He has been helping us with a family that we are teaching, and it was great to take him out and work. In the time that we were able to work together, our plans did not go as planned. Appointments fell, and the normal. But, as we were out working, it was amazing to see just how many families the Lord put in our path in such a short time. As we walked through the street and searched for families to talk to, they just appeared even at the unusual hour. It was a great opportunity to help Manuel receive some great experience, and even at one point he felt the prompting to contact a specific person that came out to be very positive. Then, that night we were able to have an amazing lesson with a family of investigators that has been prepared by the Lord in this moment. Many times in life we dont pay attention to the small miracle that happen, but this night as I left with this member there were so many that it caught my attention strongly. We can look for these small miracles every day, and as we thank the Lord for the many blessings that he has given us it is when that steady stream of blessings continues to come.


Testimony time:


Of the many thing that I have learned, one of the greatest is the amazing power of prayer. I have come to realize that all success that comes in the Lords work, or better said in any work in our lives, come because of the prayers of faith that we are willing to offer. As I continued to read the Book of Mormon, I noticed the amazing example of the power of prayer, and example of the consequences of not utilizing this power. Nefi was a faithful man, who had great desires in his life to come to know the Lord. Because of his prayers of faith, he was able to discover mysteries of the Lord that had never before been known by man. He was able to see the future, and see in the Lords eye what he had prepared for this world. At one point, after having receiving much knowledge from the Lord he returned to the tent of his father, and found his brothers Laman and Lemuel fight with his father Lehi because of the things that Lehi had seen. Simply, they did not beleive in what their father said. They could not understood, and it was because unlike Nefi they had not inquired of the Lord to know the truth. In this conflict, Nefi poses the simple question to his brothers, in 1 Nefi 15:8


"And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?"


And thus, I pose the same question for you. In whatever situation you are facing in your life, "Have ye inquired of the Lord?" God is our loving Heavenly Father, and I testify that he knows each and every one of us personally. He wants to help us in our trials and in our affliction, but we must first come unto him for help. As we pray, let us not pray simply as if we are going of on a "grocery list", but let us communicate with the Lord, with a sincere heart and real intent and I will promise you that he will be there listening and willing to respond. It will take our faith and diligence, but he will always send us assurances that he is there if we are searching for his help. I testify of our need to trust in the Lord daily, and to trust in his power to guide us where he needs us. I love my Saviour Jesus Christ with all of my heart. My wish is to serve him with all that I can, and to do in every moment what he wants. I testify that he is aware of every thing in our life, and what a blessing it is to inquire of the all powerful God of Heaven for the things that we need help. Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



--

 Our house, it is a great place to live and gives us lots of extra room for when Elders are coming and going to the mission office.
Today our P Day, we played monopoly with Elder Chavez and Elder McLain!  So fun!!

Elder Richardson
Misión Guatemala Quetzaltenango
josephr@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment