Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 27, 2016 "consultar a su Dios"






Tortillas: 10


Tal vez no, Gracias. Well, this was another great week! It was busy including interviews with President Smith, a trip to Xela for divisions with Elder McLain and Elder Lui,




 and a stake mission activity that did not go very well jaja! We planned on 12 families arriving, and only 3 came. It was a scripture hunt, but apparently they were not so down for the hunt. A huge blessing was to see progress in the areas are the people that we are finding. A funny experience this week was teaching a man, and in the middle of the lesson he decided to lay down and go to sleep! It is interesting how some people reject us jaja! Even though we find many people that are not willing to hear what we bring, we continue to see how the chosen can be found, and those who are ready for amazing blessings in their lives are willing to hear the voice of the Lord!



Mejor Milagro:


When I was with Elder McLain (In my old area of Los Altos by the way) we had an appointment fall. So, we felt the need to find those in need in a small of street. We arrived to the house of a woman who was sweeping her terasa. I began to talk to her, and boldly but simply stated "The Lord Jesus Christ has sent us here, and I believe it is for you. Can we come in?" She let us in. As we began to talk, the conversation lead to what she knew about the Church and that she had actually been to the temple open house before it was dedicated. This lead to us coming to know about many serious troubles she had been having in her family. We were able to share and testify about how much the Gospel of Jesus Christ helps families, and oh how sweet and true it is! We share with her a small video called "Follow me" and we came to see that she had been prepared to come to know the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. For me, the gratest blessing of serving is being able to act and speak on behalf of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I know he sends us to those that are in most need.



Testimony Time:


In my studies I have entered into the "Isaiah" chapters when Nefi quotes Isaiah. It usually is hard to get a lot out of it, but I found that the Lord is always able to teach us. The verse that touched me this week is more easily understood in spanish, but here it is in english. 2 Nefi 18:19


19 And when they shall say unto you: Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep and mutter—should not a people seek unto their God for the living to hear from the dead?


First, the word that it uses in spanish for seek is "consultar" which can also mean consult or seek counsel. What I really liked is that we can learn that what a blessing it is that we have the opportunity to have a personal relationship with the greatest almight being of the universe. We have the chance to seek is counsel in all that we do, and he is so very willing to give us the advice that we need. He loves us so much, and he wants to guide us, but as we learn in the scritpures we must first come unto him and his promises are clear to answer those that ask and guide those that seek. What he wants from us is that we are worthy of his guidance, and that we are willing to do what he instructs us to do. If we search for his help, but deep down we are not willing to follow what he tells us, why would he give us help? Logical, right? As his sons and daughters, we can call down upon the powers of the divinity in the moments that we need him, and he is ALWAYS there to send us his angels and what we truly need. I see this every day as I rely on him to do his work. I have come to see that I need him every day, and truly have engraved the songs of what has come to be one of my favortite hymns, "Abide with me". I know that the Lord is willing to be with us, and what an amazing blessing to be in constant communication with him. I love my Saviour and Heavenly Father with all of my heart, and rejoice daily that they have sent the Holy Spirit to be our constant companion. I invite all to seek this relation and to see his guidance in all we do, and he is there always. Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


--

Elder Richardson
Misión Guatemala Quetzaltenango
josephr@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment