Sunday, June 26, 2016

June 6, 2016 "Abrid vuestra boca"



Tortillas: 15

De regreso a Huehue! That is right, I am back in Huehuetenango, the place of my birth. But, this time I am in the center, and not in Mexico haha! My new area is great, and so is my new companion, Elder Romero from the Dominican Republic!

Presidente Smith and Elder Romero


 I have known him since Zona Bosque and I love the guys so much, and I am excited to work hard together. My area is right in the center of the city, but one of the biggest city areas because it goes all the way out to a village called San Lorenzo. So, we have it all, City and Village! 


I am super excited to be here, and there is a lot of work to do. It is great to be back with these people and to remember how it is to be hot. The climate here is a lot like San Diego, but this week it has been raining like crazy! I mean, many times I have felt like I was swimming haha! Soaked all the way through, but it feels great to do it all in the Lords work. 

It was not easy to leave my old area, my people that are part of my heart that I will really miss, but I know that the Lord needs me here and now to find his chosen children that are prepared for the gospel. 

Mejor Milagro:

A huge blessing is to have so much time to find people to teach, talking with a lot of people and meeting new people. One of which was when we knocked the door of a woman, but she was not interested. As custom, before we left we asked if she knew anyone that would be interesting in hearing our message, and she refered us to two of her neighbors. We went to the first door and knocked, but no one answered, so we went to the second one and knocked. In the same moment both of the doors were answered by two men, so my companion and I began to talk with them seperatly. it just so turned out that they were cousins, and when one allowed us to enter and share somethings, the other one followed. Also it just so happens that my companion had contacted the Mom of one of them a few days earlier, so we found a new great family! They are very receptive, especially since their grandfather recently passed away. I know how much the Lord loves his children, and I am so grateful that he leads us to those that are in most need of his gospel. 

Testimony time:

This week I found strength from a scritpure in Doctrine and Covenants 33:9

8 Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness.

The first and most important step in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ is simple and logical, to open your mouth! He wishes that his children can come unto him and enjoy of the marvelous blessing of the everlasting gospel, but many times what keeps them from it is the fact that we are not willing to open our mouths and share the marvelous blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This principle applies to many things in our lives, but what happens is Satan uses fear so that we dont open our mouths in times that we should. Open then to say what is right. Open them to say what others needs. I testify that as we open our mouths they shall be filled by the power of the Holy Spirit, and we will have the power to say what God needs to be effective instruments in his hands. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

 May 31, 2016 the day I left to go to Hue Hue
 Bus ride to Hue Hue about 3 1/2 hours from Xela


--
Elder Richardson
Misión Guatemala Quetzaltenango
josephr@myldsmail.net
5757-5599

No comments:

Post a Comment