Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August 1,2016 "Sé que si guardáis los mandamientos de Dios, seréis salvos"




 

Tortillas: 11

Una semana con muchos sancudos! I am not sure what happened, but this week the heat went up and the number of mosquitos also did! That means that we are applying bug repelant about every 2 hours, which is not a fun experience, but it is better than getting dengue and chikinguña.




We also had a multizone conference this week with more than 50 missionaries, and it was a great experience.








I am grateful for the learning that comes by the spirit and how we can see exactly what we can do to change and become better. I am also grateful for an inspired mission president, President Smith. We saw great advances in our area this week, and especially how the Lords work never stops. I am grateful for every moment that I have to serve my brothers and sisters here, and to see how happy these people are even though many are found in humble circumstances. The interesting thing is that those that have less seem to be happier than those who have more! They see more the blessings that come from God, and they are grateful for everything.





Mejor Milagro:

We had an experience this week after the multizone when we arrive to the house of some people that we had contacted in the street. We had not been able to find them, but when we arrived they gladly let us in. The most interested was the mom, who became very happy as we explained the blessings of the marvelous Book of Mormon. She truly did not understand our purpose being there until we explained the restoration centered in the importance of the Book of Mormon, and that lead her to be willing to take the desicions to progress and follow Christ. She willing accepted all of the commitments, and as we invited her to read she excitedly accepted, saying that she loved to read and was excited to read this amazing book. I am grateful also for the daily miracles as we contact with the Book of Mormon in hand and the difference in reactions that we see in the people we meet.







Testimony Time:


As I continue my reading in the Book of Mormon, I am grateful for the examples of amazing missionaires like a man named Abinadi, who ended up dieing by fire for being willing to preach of Christ. I especially liked one teach that he focussed on in Mosiah 12:33, which says,


33 But now Abinadi said unto them: I know if ye keep the commandments of God ye shall be saved; yea, if ye keep the commandments which the Lord delivered unto Moses in the mount of Sinai, saying:


Just like Abinadi, I cannot stress the amazing importance that is exact obedience to the commandments of God. Even those that may seem small an insignificant to us, we must be exactly obedient, because that exact obedience is what brings miracles in our lives. I am grateful for the peace of mind that comes by keeping the commandments, and the closeness we can come to God because of showing our love to him. Just as Jesus Christ teaches, if ye love me, keep my commandments. As we come to truly love God and our Saviour, we come closer to them and progress to eternal life. I cannot stress the importance that is obedience. It is the factor that decides between the true disciples of Christ, and those who simply speak, but their hearts are far from him. As we pray each day for the help and protection to be obedient and keep the commandments in every aspect, we will be greatly blessed. I love my Saviour Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. My only wish is to serve them as they wish I would, and to be an effective instrument in their hands. Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

They are Claudio and Damaris, investigators that I taught for my whole time in Panorama who were never baptised because they could not get divorced, but this week they were married and baptized!

No comments:

Post a Comment