Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 20, 2016 "mas solamente di la palabra"



Tortillas: 14

Another wonderful week in the blessed city of Huehuetenango!

I am so grateful to see how much the Lord is working with us and helping us find those that are in most need of this gospel. It continues to rain A LOT, so my companion and I bought our rain coats at a store for 1 quetzal. Ok, they are garbage bags that we put on. But it works for what we need! We continue to get to know the members and work more with them. It was sad to see how many people are so closed that they simply will not even take a moment to listen and see how much what we bring can bless their lives and the lives of their families, but we still find many that have their hearts soft enough to let the Lord change them.

Mejor Milagro:

One day we went to find some investigators in a village in our area. As we arrived, it did not feel right that we were where we were, so we decided to go to a small group of houses more towards the city. As we arrived to look for some investigators, we found some women that were fighting. We felt to go over and after they had finished fighting to talk to each one. It was the perfect moment that we arrived because they were very open to receiving the message of the restoration with their families, and one of them even mentioned to us that she had been looking for another church because of contentions that had been happening within the church that she has been going to. I know that the Lord lead us to where he needed us to find his prepared children, and we have seen how he does it every day.

Testimony Time:

I started the New Testament again this week, and I really been built by learning from the Life of Jesus Christ how I can minister better. I really liked what occured in Mateo 8, many example of faith, especially the story of the centruion. What cought my attention is in Mateo 8:8;

"The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed."

This centrunion, a roman soldier, came to the Lord with the faith that he could heal his daughter. After the Saviour healed his daughter, he said "I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel." This really caught my attention. What made the centurior have so great faith, what had he done? After some pondering, I came to realize that this man understood his own unworthiness before the Lord, and knew the power of the saviour. He knew that alone, he could do nothing, but he needed the Lords help. His trust was so great, that even though he was a leader of a group, he set aside his cultures and own ideas to let the Lord take over. He had the firm knowledge that simply by his word, Christ could heal his daughter. We all must obtain this trust in the Saviour to help us with the hard things in this life. As we trust him enought to bring our problems before him, after having done our part and letting him take care of the rest, we are exercising our faith. I only wish to have the faith sufficent to complete with what the Lord wants, and to serve those that he wishes me to serve. I love my Saviour Jesuschrist so much, and I know that in every step of the way, he is beside us, and as we allow him to help we will see his all powerful hand. Of this I testfiy in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


--

Elder Richardson
Misión Guatemala Quetzaltenango
josephr@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment