Thursday, August 11, 2016

August 8, 2016 "Veo la maravillosa luz de Dios"


Tortillas: 16 (I think, not really sure)


Este semana fue una semana de mucha felicidad! This was a great week with much done! The best experiences were that we were able to go to the temple as a Zone, and we were able to do much work for the Lord, that is the best! Today we had a Zone activity and went to the Ruins in Zaculeu.


We played some capture the flag there and it was a great time. Los mayas estarían orgullosos. This week I am grateful for my companion, Elder Romero. 


He is a great missionary and I am grateful for his willingness to give the Lord his all. The Lord wants 100 from each and every one of us. That is what this life is all about, doing our best and seeing progress. That progress if we do it in the way the Lord wants will lead us to our celestial home and will allow us to become truly the best. He does not only have work prepared for us right now, but for all eternity. That is what our existence is all about, working and giving our all to bring to pass much good.


Mejor Milagro:


Our mission President gave us the challenge to print a list of all the members in the ward and visit them one by one, each day, activo and menos activo, to invite them to write their testimony in a copy of the Book of Mormon and to give it to one of their friends. One of the familys we visited was that of the Young Womans President. Her husband has actually been less active, but we had an amazing visit and gave them the invitation, which they accepted with much joy. That sunday not only did her husband arrive for the first time in my time here, but they brought their sobrino who they gave the Book of Mormon to. We have begun to teach him, and it is amazing to see the change that has occured. Before they gave him the copy, he had been telling everyone that he was athiest and that did not want anything to do with what people say about God, but this simple gift and testimony has changed everything. He is now preparing to make the sacred covenant of baptism, and has told his family members that he wants to serve a mission and share with others the joy that he has found. It is amazing what miracles can happen with the help of the Lord!


Testimony Time:


This week I read the story of Alma the younger, the son of a Prophet here in America ancient that was a very wicked man. He went about trying to destroy the people of God with his buddies, the sons of Mosiah. But, in their way an angel called them to repentance, and I truly enjoy what he said in Mosiah 27:29


29 My soul hath been redeemed from the gall of bitterness and bonds of iniquity. I was in the darkest abyss; but now I behold the marvelous light of God. My soul was racked with eternal torment; but I am snatched, and my soul is pained no more.


There is no better desciption of the amazing blessings of repentace. I testify of this marvelous light of God that comes as we are willing to repent of our sins! Last week I talked about keeping the commandments and the importance of that. But, we all are not perfect and we commit mistakes. Alma was one of the worst sinners know to man! It talked about how he did not just break the commandments, but also the laws of the land! The did the worst of the worst, but he changed and in an instant became one of the most powerful missionaires of history. Many times we allow ourselves to have past mistakes keep us down and not let us progress. It is like trying to run with a backpack full of rocks, we cannot do it very easily! But, we do not need to unnecicarily take around with us those rocks of sin and chains of death and hell, but we can remove than thanks to the glorious atonement of Jesus Christ. My dear friends, I cannot tell you how sweet it is to be taken out of that darkest abyss of sin and mistakes and be returned to the marveious like. We cannot think that it is impossible, but it is possible and it is amazing! That is why I am here to help all come to repentance and enjoy of this marvelous light, because there is nothing greater than this! I invite all to come to see it for themselvse, and if you have already felt it to feel it each day as we truly repent with frequence. I love you all each so much, and my greatest desire is that all can be redeemed by His saving love, even that of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Of this I testify in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


If there is any that would like to understand more of this glorious gift, and I am welcome to receive your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment