Wednesday, July 8, 2015

June 29, 2015 email "I wish from the inmost part of my heart"

Goodbye Elder Carabantes, you are loved!


Tortillas: 11


Another wonderful week in Los Altos, Xela, with a new companion, Elder Ramirez! 


Changes were on Tuesday in the morning. He is very happy to be in the city because his old area was in a rural area called Quiche. He is from Spain, but lives in Costa Rica. I am very grateful to have him as my companion. He is very obedient, wants to work hard, and loves the people. We had a very successful week with a lot of guidance from the spirit. I love the feeling of following an impression, and it turns out that when it was followed we find someone prepared to recieve the gospel. This most often happens walking down the street, and I get the feeling to talk to someone. A cool experience this week was when we walked past a woman, I felt like we needed to talk to her. So, I turned around quickly and almost ran to catch up to her. It turned out that about a month ago some elders in a different part of the city gave her husband a Book of Mormon. She thought it was interesting and asked us to come to her house so that we could answer some of her questions. Many experiences like this have helped me to understand the impressions of the still small voice. I have also come to know very strongly that every day the Lord puts people in our path to recieve this gospel, we just need to talk!


Mejor Milagro:


Last week my old companion and I went to contact a reference, but they were not home, so we started to talk to the people around. A teenage boy walked past us, and I felt impressed to talk to him. When we finally got to him, he was ringing the doorbell of his house and I started to talk. We explained who we were, and put a time to come back and share with him and his family. The truth is that I thought that he would not be very interested, and that we would arrive and he would not be there, but I planned out so that we could go and visit him. But, I have learned to never judge a book by its cover. The day came, and I was sure the appointment was going to fall, but to my suprise as we rang the doorbell they came out and invited us in. It was funny because we were greeted by a 3 and 5 year old girl, and because of my experience with my sister Lizzy I was able to get their trust and friendship really quickly. As we entered, we met the two sisters of the teenager, the moms of the 3 and 5 year old. It is funny because we had trust from their daughters we had trust form them haha! We taught them the restoration, and to our suprise one of the woman actually knew a lot about the church. They are very interested in learning more, and want to know that this message is true because of the wonderful blessings. I am so grateful for the blessings of the Lord and that he leads us to his prepared children, sometimes ways that we cannot even notice!


Testimony Time:


First, a scripture from Alma 13


27 And now, my brethren, I wish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great anxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins, and not procrastinate the day of your repentance;


28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;


29 Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest.


30 And may the Lord grant unto you repentance, that ye may not bring down his wrath upon you, that ye may not be bound down by the chains of hell, that ye may not suffer the second death.


What a wonderful blessing it is to be able to bring the most glorious message to my bothers and sisters, the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ and of Salvation. But, all that I can do is provide the oppotunity to learn and to discover these same blessings that I have found. My greatest wish and desire is for these people to accept this message and this happiness, and to provide all that I have contact with in my life to experience the same happiness that I have felt. The option on the other hand is eternal saddness, and I cannot even stand to think of any soul having to suffer that. Because of that, I work with all of my might to give all the opportunity. It saddens me so much when they chose not to accept, but I know that I have dont my part. Truly, I do not just want these blessing for the people here of Guatemala, but I want them for all humanity. Because of that, I testify of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ at all times, in all things, and in all places. I want each person to come unto Christ. He is my lord, my savior, my rock, and my salvation. He has done something so selfish as to pay for each one of our sins. If he did not, we would have to do it our selves. I cannot even imagine, and it is not even possible. I testify of his love, and the power of repentance. No matter what mistakes we have made, we can receive the precious forgiveness and sing the song of redeeming joy! Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me. All he askes is that we take up our crosses and follow him. I love him with all of my heart. He is my best friend, my example, my leader, and my savior. In his holy and sacred name I testify these things, Jesus Christ, Amen.



THERE IS ALWAYS TIME FOR FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment