Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 6, 2015 email "that the grave shall have no victory"



Tortillas: 8

Well, this was the first 4th of July that I did not notice at all! I did not realize it was independence day until a member asked me for help on a school project with information on California haha! Yeah, it is not celebrated at all here. But, never the less it was a wonderful week in the beautiful city of Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. Also, to add to that I did not find out that President Boyd K Packer had passed away until they announced it at the end of sacrament meeting. Really, I was surprised but I did not feel sad, because I know he is enjoying some time with the greats in Paradise. 



Mejor Milagro: 

So, a couple of weeks ago we were waiting for a bus and I started talking to a man who was not looking very good. I came to find out that he was actually a member, inactive for about 4 years. He gave us his address so that we could go visit him, but when we got to his house we realized that we wrote the direction wrong. So, this week we were walking down the street, and we found him again! We started talking for a second, and he asked if we could come to his house now and share something with him and his family, who are not members. So, we went to his house and it was actually familiar. When we got there, we met his Mom. I did not remember he, but she remembered us. We shared about repentance and he and his mom agreed to come with us to church. As we left, I realized who his mom was. About two months knocked the door of his house and his mom flat out rejected us. It got to the point where I explained to her that before this life I had promised her to bring the gospel, but she had rejected it, so I exhorted her to listen to the missionaries and get baptized the next time she had a chance. When we met her this second chance, she was completely accepting of us, even accepting the chance to come to church. On sunday only the inactive member came with us to church because something came up, but she is interesting in knowing about the gospel. Truly, God works in mysterious ways. I know that he loves each one of his children, even those that are hard of heart. If we remember to speak with power and authority, the Lord will prepare the people that he knows are ready to accept the gospel.

Testimony Time:

The title is from a scripture in Alma 22:14, and it says,

 14 And since man had fallen he could not merit anything of himself; but the sufferings and death of Christ atone for their sins, through faith and repentance, and so forth; and that he breaketh the bands of death, that the grave shall have no victory, and that the sting of death should beswallowed up in the hopes of glory; and Aaron did expound all these things unto the king.

My testimony has grown the most as I have been on my mission about the atonement of Jesus Christ. My heart is filled with joy and gratitude each time I contemplate what Christ truly did for us. Without his death and paying the price for our sins, we would be completely lost. The chains of sin would carry us down to an eternal hell of sadness and pain. We would simply be called to come to this world for our own damnation. But, Christ chose to come, and to pay the atoning sacrifice of our sins, to allow us to accept the gift of salvation! Oh how sweet and wonderful it is! He ask us to simply have faith in him, repent, be baptized by someone who holds the authority, receive the gift of the holy ghost, and endure to the end. I am so grateful for what he has done for me! The wait of sin is to much for us to handle. The sting of death cannot be removed, unless we look for comfort in our eternal Saviour. He is my King, I am his servant, and I have left my home and everything I have for 2 years to offer the same comfort, happiness, and atoning joy that I have to as many of my brothers and sisters as possible. He truly does love us, and because of that he gave his life of his own free will. I know he lives, and as we search we will find. Of these things I joyfully testify, in his holy, sacred, and powerful name, Amen.

 "The frog is a frog I found in the street. Everyone here is terrified of them, it is funny! 
 I was so happy to see Elder Thorne!!!

The marching band is the way the political parties promote themselves! Love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment