Friday, July 31, 2015

July 27, 2015 email "it beginneth to be delicious to me"










Tortillas: 25

Even though this week was probably one of the hardest, it was also one of the best, I am feel very happy and grateful for the blessings of the Lord. Lots of walking, lots of appointments falling, but I am glad to say that I never lost faith. There were times where we felt discouraged, but as I began to count the blessings we had, and not the hardships, I realized how much I had to thank the Lord for. I realized that he wanted me to grow and see more fully some of my errors and ways that I can improve. I know that he loves me, he loves my companion, and of course he loves every person in this area. I work everyday to share his love with everyone that I come in contact with, and demonstrate my love to him by working with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. I did not realize it was Pioneer day on the 24th until that night, after contemplating on one of the roughest days yet. I realized that the Lord had given me one of the greatest blessings, the opportunity to truly celebrate the pioneers by feeling at least one bit of how they felt. I was able to walk that day just as much as they had walked. I felt rejection, which gave me a glimpse of their persecutions. I was even able to enjoy one of the hottest days yet. But, it was an experience that I will never forget. I am so grateful for our four fathers that paved the way for us to enjoy so many blessings, and I only hope to adopt a speck of their strength and faith.




Mejor Milagro:


So, after the 24th we were confident to be able to see some great miracles the next day. We had a lesson planned in the morning, and to our happiness they were there! After, we had some plans, but I had the feeling we needed to stop by and look for another investigator. As we went, we arrived and found out that they were not home, but we both felt to go and contact a house that we had contacted 2 times before. As we arrived, a teenage girl answered. We talked for a second, and she said she was a bit busy but she was going to call her Mom. We thought for sure her mom would come out and tell us to go away, but to our surprise the mom came to the door, we met her for a second, than accepted that we enter to share a message. As we entered and started talking, we found out that in the pass the sister missionaries of about 2 years ago had visited them. They enjoyed the visits a lot, but the missionaries dissapeared! E changes for sure. We also found out that in this house actually lives 3 families, and they are all willing to hear the gospel and what we bring! I am so grateful that we were lead to their door, and the blessings that the lord gives us as we serve him with dedication and love. I am excited to see what happens with these families, and I know that the Lord has been preparing them to receive this gospel.





Testimony Time:


As I was studying the Book of Mormon this week, I came upon a scripture that I had read many times, but this time I found a new meaning. It is found in Alma 32:28, and it says,
28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.


Today I want to testify of a testimony. The Lord desires that we receive a personal testimony of his gospel. He does not just want us to follow blindly, but he has given us the blessing of his spirit ot guide us and show us the way. In my life, my most prized possesion is my testimony. Without it, I am lost. Really, the process of gaining and growing our testimonies is simple, and is described in this scripture. We must have the desire to know for our selves. We also must give God the opportunity to testify to us through the holy spirit, and we do that by feasting upon the words of Christ in the scriptures and through sincere prayer. It is simple, we just must ask and find, and we are promised that he will open. When we pray, we must give him the opportunity to answer us by pondering and listen. Before ending your prayers, try it! Just listen! When we are able to obtain and strenghten our testimonies, that is how we become dedicated servents of the Lord. We will feel it growing, and the desire to do evil will be taken. Our desire to do good will be overwhelming. Also, as we are taught in Juan 7:17, if we do the fathers will we will know for our selves! It is so important that we keep the commandments and follow in the path of our saviour. I am so grateful for the light of the holy spirit, and the light that I can obtain through his holy spirit. I konw that each of us can know for our selves that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that Jesus is the Christ. I know these things for myself without any doubt, and that is what keeps me going each day. I testify of these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment