Thursday, July 23, 2015

July 13, 2015 "who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land."




Tortillas: 14


This was an amazing week! The only sad thing, was that my companion Elder Ramirez went home...



for his whole mission he had problems with his knee, and it was decided on Monday that he would go home on Tuesday. I was bumbed, but it did not last too long because I received an amazing new companion, Elder Chavez!


He is from Nicaragua and has 6 months in the mission. He is very happy to be in Xela, coming from a small mountain village. He is ready to work hard, and we saw many amazing miracles this week! I feel so grateful for the help and blessing that the Lord has given us. What I have learned is that in this work, the most important thing is being an instrument in the hards of the Lord. When we step aside and allow him to do the work, that is when the miracles and true progress comes in! I have seen that many times in my time out here, and it is wonderful to have a companion who wants the same thing.


Mejor Milagro:


So, last week I talked about how we found Cesar. We came to find out this week that he actually is not a member! He was investigating the church for a while, but he was never baptised. So, we have been going with him more often to prepare him for baptism, but when we arrived on Friday he was not home. So, we went with our backup plan, but we felt prompted to pass by 2 more times that day to see if he was home, but he was not. So, the next day was a bit long with not very many lessons. We have started to put two appointments in the same hour because it is almost always sure that one will fall. On Saturday we had both of our set appointments fall. So, we spent the day contacting and visiting some members for the most part, even though we thought the appointments were set. We had passed by with Cesar in the morning, but he was not there. At almost 8 we had finished a visit with a member and we were set with the choice to see if an investigator was home or contact, but it came to my mind to try and see if Cesar was home for the 5th time. So, we went, and when we arrived to our suprise he was. He entered, and not only he was home but almost his entire family! That has not really happened. We entered and sat down, and they all decided to listen to us for the first time, his mother and his 3 of 4 sisters! We taught them part of the plan of salvation. It was so beautiful because they said that they wanted to now listen because they felt we had real love for the people, passing by so many times! We share with them about the blessings of following Jesus Christ, and they showed huge desires to follow him and his gospel. The next day Cesar and 2 of his sisters even came to church! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has lead us to this amazing family, and that his spirit is working with us to bless them with this gospel. I am also so grateful to be lead by the spirit to those who need this message.


Testimony time:


I found this scripture in Alma 26:36 this week, and I loved it so much. It says;



36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who area branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.



As I have read the ministry of Alma and the Sons of Mosiah I have come to a realization. Their mission among the lamanites is my mission that I am serving right now. I have been sent to the decendents of this fallen people, the decendents of the Lamanites, to bring the truth and salvation through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel so very blessed that the Lord has sent me to this strange land to preach among these wonderful people. I know that he loves me and is conscious of my every step, even though there are many days that I feel like this "Wanderer in a strange land" (It is less now than when I started. Give me some more time and I will be Pure Guatemalteco, puro chapine) I know that he loves each and every person that we have contact with, and that he desires so badly that they can be happy. I feel so blessed to be able to share this light with everyone. I happiness, my light, and my life is in his gospel and his hands. No matter where we are, he loves each and every one of us and is mindful of our lives. He wants us to have success, and because of that he sends his angels to guide us to his presence. We just need to follow. I know he lives, he loves me. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and I have come closer to God by abiding by its precepts. He is my light, and my salvation. These things I share in his holy name, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment