Saturday, August 15, 2015

August 3, 2015 email "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good"



Tortillas: 10


So, the first news of this week is that I will have changes! I have so far been in Los Altos for a little less then 6 months, and it has come to feel like home. I saddens me greatly to have to go, but I know that the Lord needs me in another part of the mission. I feel so grateful that he has given me the opportunity to work with his amazing children in this area.



Also, we had the great blessing of being able to have the Baptism this past week of Daisy and Maria, the sisters of Julio and Leslie.




They were so excited, and the baptism was an amazing and wonderful spiritual experience. I am so grateful that the Lord loves me and all of us, and has given me this time to serve him.


Mejor Milagro:


So, after the baptism on Saturday we ended up leaving a lot later than we expected, and the appointments we had plans fells. It was about 7 at night, and we were thinking about what to do to finish the day. In our pondering, my companion Elder Chavez and I thought of the same person that we had met about 2 weeks ago to go and visit. So, we made our way to his house, we will call him B. When we knocked on his door, to our surprise he was home and came right out! It was amazing because we started into a very natural conversation right at the start. We talked for a moment, and he easily allowed us in. The conversation soon turned to talking about the gospel. When we had last met him, we had given him a Book of Mormon. We asked if he had read what we asked, and to our surprise he had! He explained to us that when he read it he REALLY like it. He explained that he does not like to read, but he felt and ease and peace as he read this sacred scripture. We then shared with him the message of the restoration. He had many questions, and I felt directed by the spirit in an amazing way to be able to answer his questions in a way that he accepted it. He had some very deep and difficult questions, but the scriptures just came to my mind to help him understand the truth. It was so amazing. We invited him to church, and he showed an amazing interest to come, to pray, to read, and to find out the truth of our message for himself. The most amazing experiences that I have had in my mission is the opportunity to find the chosen and prepared children of the Lord, and I know that B is one of those children. I am excited to hear about what happens with his progression, even though I wont be here to see it for myself, I know that my companion Elder Chavez will handle it very well.


Testimony time:



This week I found an AMAZING scripture. As Alma councils his son in Alma 37:

37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.


I know without a doubt that if our trust and confidence is in the Lord, he will direct us to the path of exaltation and eternal happiness. There is no power more wonderful than the power of prayer. Just think about it, we have the opportunity to council an all knowing supreme being in all of our doings! The power of prayer is so amazing! We can receive direction, peace, happiness, and the opportunity to never be alone! If there is any demonstration that our Heavenly Father loves us, it is this! I know that he wants us to be happy, he wants us to grow, and he wants us to have the most success in our lives. I know if we turn to him, if we abide with him, and if we speak with him in every moment possible, he will guide us in all we do and we will se his amazing power and amazing miracles. If we have problems, the solution always is to first council the Lord and look for his direction and help. He loves me, he loves you.


He cares for us and knows us by name.


In doubt, ask God.


These things I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



To finish, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AWESOME COUSIN JUSTIN! Justy, I love you so much, and I am so grateful to be blood related to one of the sickest kids in the world. Happy 18th!




 I will miss Elder Chavez!  He is a wonderful missionary!
 We found some pretty cool places in Lost Altos!
For my last P Day in Los Altos we visited a country club!  It was so much fun!  We worked out, played miniature golf, ate, played games and had a blast!  These are some of the best people!



 I had to get a picture of the pool, no we didn't swim.


 Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment