Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May 4, 2015 email "It is more blessed to give than to receive"




Tortillas: 23!

We officially have begun the rainy season here in Guatemala. April 29th it was nice and hot, and April 30th until now we have had clouds and on and off rain. I actually enjoy it alot! It is nice to have the temperature cool down a bit. 



All of our investigators are doing great! This week, Familia Rodriguez came to church! It was so wonderful. Sadly, Susanna, familia Cabrera, and our other family could not make it, but they will definitely come next Sunday! This week we also had interviews with President Smith, and it was so wonderful to hear his inspired council. I know that he is a representative of the Lord, here to lead us in this great work. 

Mejor Milagro:

The miracle this week is about Julio and Leslie. Last Friday we had a night of fellowship, and our ward mission leader Hermano Jorge brought Julio and Leslie. For the past couple months they had been buying tortillas from them, and eventually came to know that about a year ago the missionaries were visiting them! Not just that, but they were being prepared to be baptized, but because they could not get married they were not able to , and eventually the missionaries lost connection. By true miracle, Hermano Jorge and his wife Hermana Brenda ended up finding them, and we now have the opportunity to teach them! We had a lesson this week, and taught the restoration. The most important aspect for someone to receive a testimony of the truth is though prayer, and so when we finished teaching we invited leslie to offer the closing prayer, and if she could to ask God to know the truth of our message, which she did! The spirit was so strong, and she actually ended up crying. They are preparing for baptism, but the only obstacle is that Leslie is due to have a baby this week! Looks like it will be a little in the future but so amazing! I know that God will always provide a way for his children to receive his gospel, but always in his time. With the work of members and missionaries together, this great work of God continues to roll forth. I am so grateful for amazing members like Hermano Jorge and Brenda and so many others that we have the opportunity to interact with. As each of us is a missionary, we also can see the miracles of the Lord. 

Testimony Time:

The title of the email is found in Acts 20:35. This week I finished the book of Acts, and I can definitely say that Paul is one of my greatest bible heros. His example of serving the Lord Jesus Christ is an example that I work to follow. He was dedicated, bold, and not afraid to speak the truth in all circumstances. I love the story of when he testified before King Agrippa, and the King says to him "Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian". Because of Pauls willingness to testify of our Lord and Saviour, he had this great power. The truthfulness of what he says, that it is more blessed to give than to receive, I have truly learned being here and dedicating my life in the service of my Lord Jesus Christ. I have felt no greater joy and accomplishment than that I have felt working with God to bring his children back to him. As we give all of ourselves to God, I know that he will bring us higher and make us more than we could ever become. He has done it in my life, and brings me higher everyday. I love Jesus Christ with all my heart and soul. I know he live. I know he loves each one of us. As we give to him our lives, he will mold us into his instruments. In his sacred name, Jesus Christ, Amen. 

 The wall is some graffiti that I thought mike would like. It is a play on words that mean "With you, life, without you death" But also means " With you, life, I felt death" 


 Learning how to cook!  The food here is amazing!!!
 Today we went to a Mexican food restaurant and that is the shrimp. I took the wall picture and the picture with the sombrero for Cinco de Mayo tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment