Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 27, 2015 email "If God had commanded me to do all things"



Tortillas: 14

This week I  cannot glorify God and his greatness enough. The miracles that we have been blessed with are more than I can comprehend. The hand of the Lord is truly in our work, and he is doing so much to help us recognize his chosen children. First, Susanna and her family not only came to church on Sunday, but on Saturday there was an activity in the temple put on by the ward that she arrived to, with her family, by herself! We had a lesson with her yesterday, and invited her to baptism the 16th of May, but she asked if we could do it the 23 because on Sunday they are going out of town and she does not want to miss church after her baptism! We came to realize that God has been preparing her to receive the gospel since she was 11 years old and she had the desires to learn about the church, but was afraid to enter. She is so excited for her baptism and her two children will show her. Also, on Friday we had a ward activity that our ward mission leader, Hermano Gonzalez, bought a young couple, Julio and Leslie, that they buy tortillas from. We came to find out that they were receiving the missionaries about a year ago and were ready for baptism, but because they could not get married they were not able. But, now they can get married and want for us to teach them so that they can be baptized! Leslie is pregnant and will have a baby at the end of May also.
 Ward Activity, night of fellowship, we watched movies and played games.





Not just that, but we are also teaching another family that we found contacting They are a family of 8 and in the past have received 4 pairs of missionairies, but none of them taught the restoration! So, when we taught them the restoration, they were amazed by the restored truths of Jesus Christ. This past week we taught them about the Plan of Salvation, and what a wonderful experience to share with them the opportunity to be a family for the eternity! They are preparing to have their baptism the 28th of May, which is the birthday of the hermano! As we have prayed and fasted for prepared families to bless and change their lives, God has blessed us and I am so grateful. How great the glory of our God! I truly have gained a testimony of the principle that after a trial of our faith, we will see great blessings! 

Mejor Milagro:

There is one more family that I have not yet mentioned, Familia Cabrera. This family we found this week contacting. As we knocked their makeshift door of metal laminate, the Hermana answered. We shared with her who we were and that we were there to bless her life and the life of her family. She invited us in, and as we entered their 1 room house, we sat down on a bed with them sitting in from of us on another bed, because they had no chairs. We shared with them that we were here sent from God to teach them of restored truths of Jesus Christ to bless their family and help them come unto him. We share the video "Gracias a que Él vive" and the spirit filled the room so strongly. We came to found out that she was a single mother with 4 kids, one with a physical disability named angel. Her husband had left because of alcohol problems, and they currently did not have any income. My companion and I testified of the blessings that can come from God, and that one day their angel that God had sent would have the opportunity to have a perfect body. The spirit was so strong, and as we asked for a return time, they gladly asked if we could return Saturday. This was Tuesday, and fast forward to Friday. It was nighttime and we were walking down the street, and I receive the prompting that I needed to speak to a man that was passing by and smoking a cigarette. So, I stopped him and we started talking, and I soon came to find out that he also had been drinking. I told him that these things were ruining his life, but I promised that if he was willing, through the gospel of Jesus Christ we could change his life. Before we departed, I asked him if he really was willing to change he would throw down his cigarette and squish it into the ground, which he did! Sadly, he is homeless, so I have him a pamphlet with our number, wrote down his name, and told him we would look for him in the street. The next day we were back with Familia Cabrera. As we arrived, we asked her if she had read the pamphlet we had given her. She said they had read a little bit, and also told us that her husband stopped by, and he had the same pamphlet. She thought it was weird, because written one the pamphlet was our names and number. We found that interesting, so I asked her what her husbands name was. I came to find out that her husband was this same man that I had talked to in the street, and whom I promised I would help change his life. Not just that, but also I found out that her son was a boy that I had met when I was in the area of Las Americas last week doing divisions contacting! God had been preparing this family to receive the blessings of his gospel. He truly is a God of miracles, and I am so grateful to be an instrument in his hand. But, I know that as to my strength, I am work. Without him, I am nothing

Testimony Time:

As I began reading the Book of Mormon again, I have re discovered one of my greatest heros, Nephi, and here is why. We read that God commanded Nephi to build a ship so that him and his family could cross the ocean. Before this commandment, we read that the Lord tested him and his family by having them live in the desert for 8 years, and not just that but they had to live on uncooked meat, as commandment by the Lord! We learn a lot about Nephis attitude through the way he describes this experience, speaking of his afflictions in a small sentence, but thanking God for blessing their women with strength and milk to feed their children in an entire verse. When the Lord final saw that Nephi was a worthy servent, he gave him the command to build a ship. When the Lord commanded, instead of asking why, he simply asked where he could find the minerals to start building. Nephi continues in faith, even with afflicitons from the murmurings of his brothers. One of my favorite verses to describe Nephis character is found in 1 Nephi 17:50, which says,

And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.

What amazing faith in the commandments of the Lord! Nephi had such confidence in the power of the Lord, that he new that whatever the Lord commanded him to do, he could do it. Because of his faith, his courage, and his service to the Lord he is one of my greatest examples. I want to be just like him, and each day I work to have this same faith that he had. I know that what the Lord wants done, as I do what he asks I can accomplish anything. My testimony grew this week of how he works in small and simple ways, but though small and simple means great things come to pass. I know that alone, I am nothing, but with him, I can do anything. This faith is what keeps me working everyday. I am so grateful for his blessings, and what he has done to change my life. The things I testify of in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



Cutting Elder Corbitts hair ( I am the barber, thanks Dad for teaching me this skill)


No comments:

Post a Comment