Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 25, 2015 email "For behold, are we not all beggars?"



Tortillas: 5 (I need to get back out into the county...Haha!)

Another wonderful week serving my beloved brothers and sisters of Guatemala. What an amazing opportunity that it is to see the blessings that the gospels brings into the lives of those that chose to discover the truth for themselves! The saturday we will have the wonderful opportunity to have the baptism of Familia López, Susanna, Eric, and Mariela! I am so grateful that the Lord has given me the opportunity to share the gospel with them and has given us the ability to participate in their teachings. We have many other investigators that are making great changes in their lives. I love that to see the look on their face when we talk about the opportunity to be a family forever. Most have doubts of the restoration, but the spirit defenetly testifys to them the blessings. I have a strong testimony of the promise in the scriptures that if we ask and seek, we will find. I have found the treasure that is more presious than anything in this world, and how wonderful it is to share that treasure.


Mejor Milagro:


So, about a month ago we met a young couple contacting. They had just moved to our area, are recently married, and have a young daughter of 3 years. They were very nice because a couple of times they had excepted the elders where they lived before, but nothing came from it. We were very excited with the opportunity to find them, but the only challenge was with their work and school they have almost never had time to meet with us. This week one night all of our appointments fell, so we decided to pay them a suprise visit. We arrived, and only the husband was there, but we were able to share a short message about eternal families and put a return appointment. A couple of days later, we shared the message of the restoration of the gospel with them. Wow. As we shared about the blessings of these restored truths, the spirit was so strong. As we were finishing, we were expaining the blessings that come from the gospel and the fact that little by little through study, they would feel happiness and peace and the need to change. In this moment, I felt prompted to ask them how they felt. The husband then shared with us that he felt stronger than ever before the need to change and become closer to Jesus Christ for the good of his young family, They shared with us some problems with unity that they had had, so we shared the importance of praying as a couple and reading the scriptures together to make God the third member of their relationship. Because of the example of my own parents, I was able to testify strongly of this. It was so wonderful to hear them thank us for bringing this to them and helping them to strengthen their family. For me, this is the greatest blessing of missionary work, seeing the light of the gospel work in the lives of everyone I teach and who choses to accept.



Testimony Time:

The title of the email is found in Mosiah 4:19, and it says,

19 For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?



Being in Guatemala, I have people living in circumstances that are worse than any that I have every seen. People that live in a way that those of us who have many blessings do not think it would be possible to live. I have experienced such great joy as I have been able to bless the lives of these people. As I walk down the street there are many times of people asking for money, and when someone askes, if I have some change on me I will give it. Really, this is not much, but I just cant stand the feeling of not giving if I have. In this scripture, we are taught a very important lesson from the great King Benjamin. Each one of us is a beggar to God, but he still chooses to shower his blessings upon us. I have chosen to truly help in what I can by giving a generous fast offering, the way in which us as church members are able to give to the poor and truly help. The church uses this money to help local members but also in worldwide situations. I have seen great happiness and the blessing of the spirit as I have chosen to sacrifice and give so that those less fortunate can have I would exhort each and every one of you to think about what you are doing to serve those that are less fortunate. If you are not a member, their are many organizations that we can give to to help those most in need. I know that as we give to those in need, we actually are giving to God and showing our divotion. I know that God loves each one of us equally, and as we bless our brothers and sisters is fills him with joy. Take the opportunity this week to help someone in need, and it does not have to be monetary. Often the best help is service. I learned a very important lesson from my father, and that is that is we want to feel Gods love and spirit, a sure way is through service to others. These things I share and this is my prayer that we can all do more, in the name of him that gave all us, even Jesus Christ, Amen.


Thunder behind the Volcano........
 Pizza in a cone!!!!
 This dog did not like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment