Monday, May 25, 2015

May 18,2015 email "O be wise; what can I say more?"





Tortillas: 10

A very wet week here in Xela! Here in Los Altos, the drainage system is not very good, so when it rains, the streets become rivers and small lakes begin to appear!




It is pretty fun, just not when you are in regular sunday dress shoes! I learned quickly that it is time to start using boots more.


As for the work, we are doing pretty great! We have a baptismal date set for Julio and Leslie, and their desire to change and become more like Christ is so amazing! A small barrier is the fact that last week they had a baby girl, Scarlet! There were some complications, so we spent some time with them in the hospital, but everything is doing better, Scarlet is home, and we were able to give her a blessing of health and strength.


We had a lesson with Susanna this week, and when we taught the word of wisdom she confessed that she is one who loves and drinks a lot of coffee, but she because of her great faith in God she promised to give it up the instant that we taught her! Anything is possible. She is going to be baptised with her two children, Eric who is 12 and Mariela who is 9. Before, Mariela did not want to be baptised, but we found out that it was because of a fear of water. So, we brought a member family, Family Mendez of Hermano Herson, with us. They have 3 kids that were recently baptized, and they taught an amazing message about the blessings and the experience of baptism, and now Mariela is not so scared anymore! It is so wonderful to have the opportunity to invite people to come unto Christ, and more beautiful to see the change that occurs in their lives as they choose to follow in his footsteps. That is truly the greatest thing about missionary work, seeing the change that occurs in the life of the people

Mejor Milagro:

Last week our mission president, President Smith, wrote about how a great act of faith is sacrifice. Just as we are expected to be willing to sacrifice everything, if we willing sacrifice things in our life for the Lord then he show him more of our faith. Just as he was testing Abraham to see if he was worthy to recieve the great blessings, he asked him to sacrifice his own son. So, I looked at my life and chose some things that I could sacrifice to show him my faith. Wow, the results were amazing. I was able to have more strenghth, I felt happier, and I felt the guidance of the spirit even more! Of the most amazing miracle, one day we were walking down the street to a lesson. So, it is important to know that I have the habit of carry a Book of Mormon in my hand. As we were walking, a man rode up to us on his bike. He introduced himself and started talking to us, and as soon as possible he asked if we were Mormons because of the book I was carry, and if I would be able to give him the copy of the Book of Mormon. He explained that in his work he has a friend that is LDS, and because of conversations he is interested in reading the Book of Mormon. So, gladly I gave it to him, and we asked if he would be interested in us passing by his house to share our message and answer his questions, and he gladly accepted. I know that as we demonstrate our faith, the blessings will come as a shower. I am so grateful to be a servent of the Lord, and to have the opportunity to bring this wonderful gospel to everyone!

Testimony Time:

The title for the email comes from Jacob 6:12, and it is short but sweet and counsel that is very important. As we read the words of the Prophets in the Book of Mormon, the Bible, and those in our Modern days, we gain wisdom. When I think of being wise, I thing mostly about our choice. In the missoinary manual I have received counsel that applies to everyone, and it basically says to be wise and mature in all we do. If we are continual evaluating our progress, and looking to see if we are being wise, God will give us his wisdom and little by little we will become the people that he wants us to be! We read in Enos some of the greatest blessings that come from being wise in all our conduct. In Enos 1:27 it says,

 "27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."

In who we are right now, are we prepared to see our Redeemers face with pleasure? Do we look at our conduct, and expect him to say "Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father."? If we are wise in our conduct and our choices, I know that we will be prepared to receive this glorious greeting! As we "feast upon the words of Christ" we will grow in wisdom and knowledge.  The wiser we are, the more we develop Christlike attributes, and the more we will see ourselves becomeing like Children. It is interesting because I have seen that the more I have grown, the more I have wanted to develop the perfect and beautiful attributes of Children. I am more blessed than anyone because I have many wonderful examples in my own family of Christlike Men, women, and Children, thinking specifically about my brothers and sister. I am grateful that God has given us the opportunity to change and to become as little children, and more importantly to become like him. I work every day to be more like my Saviour and more like my little brothers, and what a wonderful example they are to me. I look up to them and truely love them dearly, both my Saviour and my brothers. These things I share in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

This is the regional hospital with the visiting waiting line, 





I have to admit, the smoking Volcano is a little crazy.....

The Farmers love the rain!

Love you so much!"

No comments:

Post a Comment