Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 19, 2015 email "Lovest thou me more than these"









"Lovest thou me more than these?"

Tortillas:20

Que glorisos es ser un siervo en la obra del senor!  I am so grateful for this wonderful week, which was amazing and very normal.  I have seen that we have a great balance of work, between with receiving help from the members and finding people to teach through our own initiative.  Living in a small branch is amazing because you can really make a difference not just in the lives of the people who we are teaching, but also in the unity of the branch.


 At times it is difficult because many people don't know how to fulfill their calling, but we can help with that.  Here it has been getting colder and colder, and supposedly it will get worse.  It has not rained as much, but that does not mean that it is not time to put on the jacket!

Mejor Milagro:

One day my companion and I were coming back from a meeting in the city.  While in the crowded bus, in order to give my companion some information we were talking in English.  As we got off the bus, a man walked up and began to talk to us in perfect English.  We began to converse and found out that he had lived in Wisconsin for many years, and had even studied there.  We were in kind of a hurry because we had to make it to an appointment, but we took down his information and he informed us that if we had time to pass by tonight that we could come share a message with him, and we said we would try because of a busy schedule.  When later in the night came, we found that our appointment was fallen, so we decided to go and visit this man.  As we talked, he told us about the hardships he had in his life, and his search for light and truth because of the confusing feeling he had felt with the many religious ideas that exist today, but he recognized that God is only one, with one truth.  We explained to him that our purpose as missionaries was to help him find the truth and happiness in his life through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Sadly, also because of what has happened in his life, he is also caught in the trap of excessive alcohol use.  Since this first day we met, we have found him completely drunk for some days.  But, I know that with our help he can change.  I know he is a beloved son of God, and that we were sent by Heavenly Father to bring his son back to the path that leads to eternal life and happiness.

Testimony time:

After the death of our Lord, his Apostles were left confused and lost with what to do next.  they had loved him so much, but had little experience in the ministry.  Now that he was gone, they did not know what to do, so they returned to their prior occupation.  When the resurrected Lord returned and found them,  I imagine he was disappointed.  After a course of events and the showing of his identity, he took the head apostle, Simon Peter, aside and said,

 15 ¶So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.  

In the most loving manner, the Lord corrected Peter, but he taught us something that has impacted me and changes my ministry.  It helps me remember why I am here, because I love the Lord with all my heart.  Because I love him more than anything else, I am willing to sacrifice and feed his sheep.  We all must ask ourselves the same question; Do we love Jesus Christ more than anything else?  Are we willing to give up everything to feed his sheep?  Our passions, our habits, our bad character, or even our very lives?  I know that he is not asking us now to give up everything, but he invites us to give that up that does not allow us complete serving to him and his sheep and that includes some good things and all bad.  I know and testify of his divinity and love for us.  There is no greater thing in this life than serving as his servant.  We all can do it by being as he is, following him, and demonstrating his love to all men.  He is my king, and I try every day to follow him with all that I have.  In his sacred and holy name, even Jesus Christ. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment