Saturday, June 13, 2015

June 8, 2015 email "For charity never faileth."






Tortillas: 12


This week was very wet, and not many people were very willing to open the doors to us... But, we push along, offering the gospel to all that will accept! It was difficult because not a lot of people let us in, and a lot of appointments fell. Before, when an appointment fell we would immediatly start contacting, but we have found ourselves that we have contacted most of the houses. Because of the rain there were not a lot of people in the streets, so we found ourselves looking for people to visit when the appointments fell. Really, we were not working very smartly, and because of that we had a huge faulter of the number of lessons this week. Our plan to do better this week is to take more time than before to share small messages with familys and exhort them to work with us by offer us to teach their friends. Also, we realized that even though someone rejected us before, does not mean that they are not prepared now, so we are going to go back to a lot of the houses that we contacted before. Not just choosing randomly, but asking God in prayer where he wants us to go and find his children that he has prepared. Our investigators Julio and Leslie are progressing very well, and we are expecting a wedding and a baptism next week!


Mejor Milagro:


So, as mentioned before, we have been working a bit differently in the past. One day when an appointment fell, we decided to go and visit a member family. As we were walking to their house, we passed a house and I felt the distinct impression that we needed to contact them. So, I went and knocked the door. All of the doors here have a small window that the people can open and see who it is, and it is probably the most annoying thing trying to talk to people through these small windows! But, as usually, someone opens the little door and asks who we are. I am pretty used to it now, you could so I am "Pro" and I started a conversation with them. We usually gain a little bit of trust with the people by talking about their family and they do before we explain who we are. So, we talked for a minuete then explained that we were missionaries sent to bring a very important message, and if we could take a bit of their time to share something. The young man said yes, and invited us in and said he had only about 5 mins to listen. As we stood in the entry way, we gave a quick overview of the restoration. When we reached the point about a living prophet and the Book of Mormon, he suddenly became very interested. When we finished talking, he told us that as we started he had no interest, but when we mentioned about the restoration it completely sparked his interest. We began to ask us a ton of questions. Our 5 minuete conversation turned into 25 minuetes, with him explaining that he has friends that are members and because of their example of how they live he invited us in. He asked us to give him a copy of the Book of Mormon. Sadly, he is studying medicine in the university and does not have a lot of time, but we are keeping in contact to know when this week we will be able to explain in more depth the restoration. I am so greatful for the example of members that show who we are as desiples of Jesus Christ, and that the spirit leads us to Gods chosen children!


Testimony time:


One thing that I have gained the greatest testimony of in my time here has been the Christlike attribute of Charity. When I arrived, I found it very hard to love people that I could not understand at all. With this faulter of love, I also had a faulter of happiness. Through a chain of events, I came to realize that I desperatly needed to work on loving people, investigators, members and my companion a like, as Jesus Christ would. This scripture in Moroni 7 and some that come before and after have been a standard for me of how I can gain more Charity:

46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity,ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleaveunto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things mustfail—



Of some of the most important lessons that I have learned are 1. As we show love and service to other people, we will feel the love of God and his spirit more strongly no matter what, and 2. No act of love EVER goes unwasted. Every day we have amazing opportunities to show love and charity to the people around us. Whether it is helping someone in the street or visiting the sick, every act of Charity brings us more in harmony with Gods will. I have been blessed with so many wonderful friends during my time down here that have shown me the love of the saviour, and often have lifted me in the hardest of times. Charity truly never faileth. I am still working on becomeing more charitably and loving, but as I have prayed and worked I have seen great changes in my life. I have seen great blessings, and I have seen great help from the Lord. I know that the love of our Saviour and our Heavenly Father is more than we can imagine, but as we work to become more like them and to share their love with all around us, we will one day become perfect as they are. It is a privelage for me to spread the love of Christ to everyone I meet, and I am so happy he has given me this opportunity to be his dedicate servent. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


The Wonderful experiences of Guatemala!  We have a lot of fun!






 Fun with the ward family


No comments:

Post a Comment