Saturday, April 25, 2015

April 13, 2015 email "Yo soy el pan de vida"



Tortillas: 20




This was a wonderful week! This week it was especially hot, hotter than it has been, and I actually am a little sunburnt haha! Here in Xela it is actually usually very cold. We are in the coldest part of Guatemala, cold enough that at night I have to sometimes sleep with 3 blankets! Usually just two though haha. A huge difference from Santa Ana Huista, a hot border town. This week we had a lot of success with Familia Rodriguez that I mentioned last week as part of the miracle, and actually met the Mother. Yesterday we passed by to bring them to church. They could not come, but they invited us to dinner. Tamales, my favorite. At dinner we found out that the mothe is actually a member! She was baptised about 7 years ago, but moved and became inactive. Her neice and daughters have a lot of interest in the church. I am so excited to see the blessing of the gospel in their life and to she the light of Christ radiate from them! Also, our investigator Ruben (Not the Ruben that has had a problem with Alcohol, another Ruben) came to the baptism of Manuel (Investigator of the Hermanas in our area) and to church on Sunday and he is progressing very well! He is seeing a new light that comes form the gospel, and I can see the hunger that he has to learn more and become closer to Christ. The hardest part this week was getting contact with many of our investigators. I am pretty sure that the employers are expecting more work after a week of rest.




Mejor Milagro:


So, we went with a family in the ward to contact one of their friends that they wanted us to start teaching. The Hermana told us that her friend lived far away, so we would have to walk about 20 minuetes to get to her friends house. The original plan was that they would introduce us and in the future we would just teach them because they lived so far away from the Hermana and she has 3 young daughters. So, we loaded two in a stroller, pushed by the Hermano and one carried by the Hermana. It was a long walk, but eventually we arrived. The Hermana did not remember where her friend lived, so we asked someone and they pointed us to her house. As we arrived, the Hermana knocked the door, and out walked a young girl that said that the friend was busy but would come out in a second. So, we waited for about 10 minuetes, and out walks a woman with a towel around her head (It turned out she was bathing) and the member sister said "You are not (Name of Friend)" It turned out that her friend, who had the same name, was her neighbor. So, we knocked the real door, and found out that the friend was not there... We were a little bummed, having walked so far. So, we started the way back. As we were walking, we were about 5 minutes away from the members house, and we just happen to run into the member sisters friend! We talked for a second, and it also just turned out that where we were lived the parents of the friend! She did not have a lot of time, so we just shared a small message and put a return appointment, but in the future will we be able to have lessons in the parents house, and the Member family will be able to come! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father had us wait at the fake friends house so that we could find the real friend, as she was put in our path!



Testimony Time:


This week I started back up my reading of the New Testament and I started reading the Book of Mormon again, together! It truly is a wonderful experience, and I love the way that these two amazing books compliment each other. Here is an example that I found this week.


In John, Christ says two things that were especially impactful.


John 6:48 "I am the bread of life"

John 14:6 "Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; No man cometh unto the father, but by me."


To help us truly understand what Christ was saying and his purpose in our lives, the first Prophet of the Book of Mormon, Lehi, prophecies this, 600 years before the birth of Christ,


1 Nephi 10:6 "Wherefore, all mankind were in a lost and in a fallen state, and ever would be save they should rely on this Redeemer."

Christ truly is my bread of life, my savior, my Redeember. Without him, we would be captive to the chains of sin and death and forever we would be subjects to the devil, but as we partake of his gift and sacrifice we truly become filled. We truly receive eternal life, which is to know our saviour Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. Just as without our daily bread we starve and die, if we do not partake of the daily bread which is Jesus Christ we will starve and die spiritually. How do we feel when we are hungry? It is defenetely not a good feeling, and I am defenetely a little bit grumpy, on edge, and not happy when I dont have what is needed to continue. Our organism is comprised of a spirit and a body, and the same principle applies for our spirit. Sometimes we dont recognize this spiritual hunger, but I am here to testify that each of us have a spiritual hunger that MUST BE SATISFIED IF WE WISH TO BE HAPPY. I have parten of the bread of life, and each day as I do so I am filled with joy and mean. Dont believe. Dont. Test my words. See if I am telling the truth. Partake of the spiritual food that is in the sciptures, prayer, and worshiping our God. It will change your life as it has changed mine. I know He live. I know he loves each one of us individually and wants for us to happy. He is my light. I am his servant. I testify of his divinity and his coucil is the way to a happy life. These things I testify in His sacred and holy name, Amen.

"This week we have sunset,




power outage with candles,








a field full of dogs,




the dentist, my retainer came loose.....






and Manuel, investigator of the Hermanas that was baptised this past week. Love you so much! "



No comments:

Post a Comment