Monday, March 30, 2015

March 23, 2015 email "So much knowledge unto the salvation of our souls"





Tortillas: 20

The work of the Lord presses forth! This was a wonderful week. On Saturday and sunday we had Stake conference and had the opportunity to hear from both President Smith and the temple president of the temple here in Xela, President Galvez! On Friday we will having the baptism of Stephanie! And the best part is, the plan is that Alejandro will baptise her! She has had a lot of difficulties with her family because they are not really willing to accept any other religions, but they push along! Also, we are still working with Ruben but he is having a lot of challenges. He does not really have the desire to quit drinking, he has a small desire to come to church, but what he really likes is how he feels when we are with him. I hope that the spirit will touch his heart and change him for the good. We also have another investigator named Nancy that we have been teaching since we arrived in an ice cream shop where she works. She has a baptismal date for the 11th of April, but the biggest challenge is getting her to church. That is a huge challenge for many people here. This sunday an investigator of the Hermanas that we replaced just happened to show up to church with some family that lives in the ward. His name is Gustavo and we have an appointment with him this week.

Mejor Milagro:

One of the first days that we were in the area, walking down the street I noticed a house that had put out a container of water so that the dogs in the street could drink with a note asking people not to move the container. It said that they just wanted to do something nice for their fellow creature and show their love. There are so many homeless dogs that live in the street, and it is very sad to see. When I saw this, I thought for sure that here lived someone that could benefit from the gospel. We knocked the door, but they were not there. Everytime we passed we knocked the door, but they were never their. This week as we passed going to visit a less active, and they were out front giving food to the dogs in the street! I had the very distinct impression that we needed to talk to them, and so we started the conversation with, " Are these your dogs?" and it just went from there. We soon came to find out that they are inactive member, a family of 5 that had moved here to study but had fallen into temptation and did not know how they could return to the church. Everyone was baptised at age 8, and the mom has 50 years as a member! They are really interested in coming back, and I am really grateful that Heavenly Father lead us to them to bring them back into the fold.

Testimony Time:

The title is found in 3 Nephi 5:20 where Mormon testifies of the Book of Mormon and its true purpose for us, more knowledge for the salvation of our souls. I love reading in 3 Nephi and reading the words of Christ as he visited the people in the Americas. One of my favorite scriptures that I found this week is in 3 Nephi 9:14 and it says,

"Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those that come unto me."

I am so grateful for the wealth of knowledge that I am able to receive in the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ. I love reading about the life of Jesus Christ in the New Testimant, and my testimony would not be complete without the Bible, but I know that we truly cannot know everything we need without the knowledge that we find in the Book of Mormon. We learn how to be better desciples of Jesus Christ and how to return to his presence and the presence of our Heavenly Father. I know it is true and as we read it together with the Bible, we can see clearly the image of our Saviour and follow him. It has blessed and changed my life, and I am here to share it with everyone so that they can have my same joy. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Have a wonderful week!

"This week we have some more pictures of the area, 




mini Elder Richardson, 

Baul, 








We finished the day with,


No comments:

Post a Comment