Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March 2, 2015 Santidad al Señor, La casa del Señor






Tortillas: 16 (Slowly losing momentum)

Another wonderful week here in Xela! The definite highlight of the week was our trip to the temple! Having lived so close to the temple before coming out, I took advantage of what an amazing blessing it is. I am so grateful to have a temple close by that I can at least go every 6 months. It was an amazing experience to feel so close to God and have the opportunity to enter his holy house. 


Provo Temple I grew up living across the street from



                                                                   Quetzaltenango Xela Temple                                                                                                                    



This week we had the opportunity to knock a lot of doors! Most people are very nice, even if they don't want to hear, but someone still told me they would call the cops on me after I offered to provide service. We had to change the baptismal date for Alejandro to the 14th because our bishop would like him to have a couple weeks in our ward (He was assisting another ward). The members her are all very loving and want for the work to go forth, and I am so grateful that they are willing to help us with so much. I have felt so much love and so much unity being back in a large ward!

Mejor Milagro: 

Walking down the street we had a drunk call out to us. My companion and I did not have time, but we soon both felt like we needed to stop and talk to him. So, we turn around and begin talking to him, and notice that he is not alone but with his friend, Ruben. We start talking to them, and the conversation quickly turns to the gospel. It was a hot day and so Ruben offered us a soda and asked if we would share a message with him (A little bit of a suprised). As we enter, I notice on his car he has a sticker that says Florida on it, and I ask him if he had spent time in the states, and of course he had. I soon come to find out that he had recently returned from the states, and it was because his mother had died. This lead perfectly into teaching him and his drunk friend the plan of salvation. He was very interested throughout the whole lesson. I know that Heavenly Father puts people into our paths for a reason, and most of the time that reason is so that we can do what we can to help. I am grateful for his help that he offers us, and I know he wants for his work to move forward.

Testimony time:

"Santidad al Señor, La casa del Señor" in English translates to "Holiness to the Lord, the house of the Lord." How wonderfully blessed we are to have the opportunity to enter in to the Lords house and become as close to him as possible when we are here on this earth. I am so grateful for his love that I have felt and his help, and this was just the week I needed to go to the temple. I would encourage all, if you can, to go to the temple as often as possible, and spend some special time talking to go. If you cant, I would exhort you to do what is possible so that you can. I know that Jesus Christ lives and he is the son of God. I know that we can receive personal revelation because I am everyday! The things I say in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment