Sunday, March 29, 2015

March 16, 2015 email "Firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ"






Tortillas: 12 (How sad)

Another wonderful week here in Xela! We continue, pushing on, talking to who will accept the restored gospel of Jesucristo! Sadly, we had to move the baptismal date for Stephanie for the 27th of March. It is really hard for her to tell her parents, and two days before her baptism and she became scared... Satan is working very hard with her, but she has so much faith. I know she will be an amazing member. This week she was not able to come to church because her parents just decided to take a trip at 5 in the morning... Ruben also is progressing very well. This sunday he had to work and was also not able to come to church. We have invited him to baptism a couple of times for the 28th of March, but he basically wants more to time learn. We can work with that and help his testimony grow. We have a lot of other investigators that have a lot of potential that we found this week, but down here it is like a religious battleground. It is difficult just to get people to listen to the beautiful message of the restoration, but we push along talking to everyone we can! We also were able to have a Multizone conference this week with Presidente and Hermana Smith. We watched part of the new film "Meet the Mormons". Wow. So beautiful. I would suggest anyone that does not know alot about the church, and anyone who even is a member to watch it. It is a fun and amazing way to express our beleifs and feelings about life and our savior Jesus Christ. 

Mejor Milagro:

So, we were walking down the street when I passed a teenager. Here in Guatemala everyone that you pass in the street you greet, saying "Buenos Tardes/Dias/Noches". As I passed him, I greeted and waved and the spirit told me that I needed to talk to him. We were late for a lesson with Ruben, and I am sad to say that at first I did not do it. As we approached the house, the prompting continued and I decided that I would talk to him if Ruben was not home. We knock on Rubens door and soon find out he is not there, but luckily the young man was still in sight. So, I practically ran to catch up to him and I start talking to him. We end up walking with him to his house and talking for about 15 minutes. I found out that 1. He has had many problems and is trying to find a church to change his life, 2. He is very nice and accepting of the gospel, and 3. He has a family of 9, and they all live together in the same house. Wow! I love the feeling of being an errand boy for the Lord. Sadly, he and his family do not live in our area, but they are a great contact for two Elders in the area over that are having some real problems with the work. I am sad that at first I did not follow the spiritual impression, and for this I have need to repent, but I am glad that Heavenly Father gave me a second chance and I was able to see this amazing miracle. 

Testimony Time:

This week I have been reading in the book of Helaman! It is easily one of my favorite books in the Book of Mormon because of the amazing coucil that we receive. One thing also that I love, being a person for mathematic, is when I read the scriptures looking for equations that I can use in my own life. These week I found the equation for how can we purify and sanctify our hearts? Our greatest goal in this life is perfection like unto our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. 

In Helaman 3:35 we find the equation to become perfect. 

1. We must fast and pray often. 
2. We must wax stronger and stronger in humility. 
3. We must grow firmer and firmer in faith in Christ. 
4. We must yeild our hearts unto God

I would encourage everyone to read this scripture and discover the way that we can do these things through studying the refered scriptures. On big thing that I found is that we must give God the one thing that is truly ours, our will. We must give unto him even our very desires, only desiring to do that which he wants. It is something very difficult, but I know that as we do these things throughout all of our lives we will see amazing changes. I know that God has the power to mold us, to change us, to turn us into the person he wants. If we dont beleive that we are denying the central doctrine of the Plan of Salvation. If we say, "Oh, I am just a lazy/angry/sad/whateverbadattribute person" we are neglecting the atonement and essential are making ourselves useless and destroying our divine potential. I know that all of us have the capacity to change, and I have been focussing a lot on change to become who they want me to be. I know that Christ not only suffered on the cross but he also suffered in a little garden called Getsemani where he saw each one of us and felt each one of our pains. As we rely on this power, he will strengthen us. I know that because he has strengthened me. He has changed me. As I have fell to my knees in prayer and begging for his help and forgiveness, he has given me the strength to get back up, just as he did when he fell carrying the cross to Calvary. I know he loves us and I know that he loves me specifically. The things I reverently say in the name of my Lord, my Savior, my Example and leader, even Jesus Christ, Amen. 




To explain the photos... First, selfies with a goat that we found. This place is the best!! 

These people are awesome!!! We met these nice people who make and sell tamales (Here they call them Paches when they are made of Potato and Rice and tamales when they are made of Mais, but the really dont make them of Mais.) They make the most delicious tamales, and are very accepting to the message of the gospel! We will see how it goes. 




Also, Hermano Caterino Sop Chavez came to Xela on Saturday and I got to go say hi! "
Celebrating Pi Day March 14th with my companion and Alejandro!  What fun we had!



Pizza in Los Altos!!!
I love Guatemala and the people here!  I am so thankful to be serving the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment