Friday, January 29, 2016

January 23, 2016 "powerful effect upon the minds of the people"



Tortillas: 0 :(

Well, how can I explain this week in one word? Amazing! The second word? Tired. There was a lot to do with changes, and volcanic eruptions spitting ash all over and cancelling flights of missionaries going home. One of my companions, Elder Maynes, had changes, and we miss him a ton. One of the highlights of the week was a worldwide missionary broadcast from Salt Lake. They focus on that we teach repentance, making sure that all understand its importance, and that we help those come to the church that have obtain a testimony and are willing to change their lives. It was wonderful, and the spirit that is accompanied by listening to the apostles is always amazing! Other than that, I am feeling grate, and very grateful to feel the Love of God as I serve his children. 

Mejor Milagro:

We have seen many time how valuble the hand of the Lord is in our work. I feel so greatful to know that in this work, I am not along, but he is helping us to do what he wants as we do our part. Many times we see that he places the people in our path exactly in the moment that we need them, and then we are able to bless their lives. I remember an instance this week when as we were about ready to finish our day and return home, a family walked past. I felt the need to talk to them, but I was hesitant because of the hour and here people are usually afraid to talk at night because that is when assaults happen. But, I followed the prompting, and when we talked to them we found out that the woman was the daughter of an investigator that had just told us that we could not come back because of family conflicts. We met her and her husband and we are going to visit them tomorrow. Another time we felt we needed to visit a member family. First blessing, when we arrived they were just cutting cake for someones birthday, and they gave us some! The second is that we met a man there that is one of their boyfriends, and has been feeling great desires to investigate the church. We set an appointment for a family home evening with them all, and they are going to invite other family member to learn about the message of the restored gospel. Also, we have begun to work with a part member family, who the Bishop refereed us to because of dream he had. We arrived in the moment when they needed the gospel the most. I love the Lord so much, and I feel so blessed to serve him in HIS work.
A portrait of Christ in a red robe against a gray background, looking out toward the viewer.
Testimony Time:

A scripture I found in Alma 31 this week really impacted me. It says,

 5 And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God.

I have seen time after time the power and effect that the word of God has. In my life, and in the Life of others, the word of God has a strength beyond explanation to lead us to become the people that God wants us to become. It leads us in his paths, which are the paths of eternal happiness. We live in a world of violence and confusion, and the greatest tool against the evils of the devil is the wonderful word of God. It is so important that we can "feast upon the words of Christ" daily, because "the words of Christ will tell you all things which ye shall do". There is on reason to allow this confusion to darken our perspective. We can use the scriptures, modern and ancient, to realize what in our lives we need to change. We can try the virtue of the word of God as we apply it in our lives and wait to see the promises of the Lord come. I see it day after day, and it is what takes me to know without a doubt of the truthfulness that in our days God has called a prophet. He appeared to the young Joseph Smith, to restore the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. Because of this knowledge, I have come to know my Saviour more, and make him a center in my life, and a rock upon which I can build each day. I testify of his power, and the power of the word of God to change the minds of men to be in line with that of Gods. My invitation to all is to feast upon the word each day, and to see the great blessings that come. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


A brown triple combination resting on a stack of other books and lying open to Moroni chapter 9.



No comments:

Post a Comment