Friday, January 1, 2016

December 27, 2015 email "el que fue preparado desde la fundación del mundo"



Tortillas: 5


Feliz navidad, y ya va a pasar el año 2015! The year and month have gone by so fast! We had a great Christmas week this last week. Christmas in Guatemala is characterized by lots of Paches (Like tamales mexicanos, but made of rice or potatoes), lots of fireworks (I mean, A LOT. There were not many dogs in the street!), and people drinking alot. What we chose to do was take the time to show the members our appreciation by singing Christmas hymns to them, and some service with giving those in need a small gift of some Rice Crispy Treats.


One of the things that I really enjoy is that the Guatemalan people truly rejoice at the birth of Jesus Christ through their celebrations. Last year I saw it more as just a party, but this year I realized that it really is just a celebration to rejoice that Christ was born! The celebrate more Christmas Eve up unitl 12 which significates Christs Birth, and the day of Christmas is pretty dead! On the 25th we just talked to the family (Which was awesome!), 


had Christmas dinner with President, and visited some wonderful member families. It was calm and wonderful!





Mejor Milagro:


So, twas two nights before Christmas, and the Elders were out. We were in the doorway of some members, and two people walked by and greeted, as normal to Guatemala, but they said "Buenos Noches Elderes" indicating they knew us. We were in the middle of a conversation with the member, so I did not get the chance to talk to them. Once we finished talking, we were back up the street when the same people quickly walked past. In that moment, I remember that they has greeted, and I felt the impression to talk to them. So, we began to walk behind them because they had gotten far. Once we caught up to them, I asked if they knew the missionaries, and we began to talk. It turns out that the man was from Coban and his family was members. They had just moved here a couple of weeks ago, and where they lived before they were receiving the missionaries. We continued talking, and it was obvious that they knew quite a bit about the Church, so we offered if we could visit them some time. Right then, they invited us to come to their house. They fed us some food, and we had the opportunity to share the Christmas video "Ha nacido un Salvador". We talked about the blessing of this gospel, and they showed great interest and need in being able to learn more and come closer to Christ. I am grateful that in many ways God helps us find those that need him.


Testimony Time:

This week our mission president shared with us a scripture in Ether 3:14. It says:

14 Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.


When we remember the birth of Jesus Christ, it is not complete unless we also remember his purpose, chosen before the foundation of the world, to be our saviour. He was chosen to come and show us the perfect life to live, and to atone for our sins so that if we follow him and love him, we can become clean and become like our Heavenly Father. There is nothing greater in this world than to apply the doctrine of his gospel in our lives! He wants us to find peace and happiness, whatever happens. I feel so grateful for the love the our father has for us to send his son, and the love of our Saviour to suffer for us. I love them so much. I know and testify that he lives. I testify that his true gospel has been restored to this earth to learn his exact teachings through modern day prophets! Of this I testify, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

People here put pine needles everywhere for Christmas and it smells so good!
 Panorama Guatemala is so beautiful! The name perfectly describes it!
 Baptism of Pedro December 26, 2015 what a special gift to give to the Savior!  He was baptized by a member friend.



December 27, 2015 Zone Christmas party! We ate Pupusas  and played soccer and had a fun gift exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment