Thursday, December 17, 2015

December 12, 2015 "Back in the city again, but more center!"



Tortillas: 5 (Back in the city again, but more center!)


Que tal mis amigos gringos! So, this was a fun week and very blessed! Very different from what I am used to going from being in villages to right in the city. But, I enjoy it all! Also, it has been an adjustment not doing the same work all day, being more in a car driving, more interaction with many different people and missionaries. I feel blessed to be able to work close with President Smith and to be able to learn from his years of wisdom in the Lords work. I have a lot more responsability now, but I have felt the help from the Lord to be able to fill my calling and have his help to get what is needed done. Right now I am only learning, but in some time all of the responsibility will be thrown on me, but I just need to keep relying on the Lord and his strength. My new area is called Panorama. The ward is one of 200 members, which is very big for here. We have been working a lot with members to find investigators, especially since we don't have as much time in the area. But, I can still apply my skills that I have learned of contacting and meeting new people. I went from a house where the water usually did not work, and many days we did not have power, to an american status house with so many luxuries like hot water and washing machine! The blessings of the Lord are great, and I will make sure to keep recognizing it!


Mejor Milagro:


One night my companion felt the need to go and contact some people in a place where they make tortillas. As we were talking to them, two people approached behind us, and I recognized them because a couple of nights back we had passed them and they caught my eye to talk to them, but we did not have time. So, we bagan to talk to them, and came to find out that they were members, but they had not come to church in a long time. We found out that they had some children that are still not members, so we put an appointment with them to be able to activate them and bring the whole family back to church. The night came for the appointment, but we ran late and by the time we got to their house they had left, but their children said they waited but we could come back another day. As we were leaving a man said "Hola Elderes" and at first we kept walking, but I felt the impression to talk to him. So we began to talk, and offered to share him the new Christmas video "A saviour is born" and he accepted. We entered, and his wife and daughter were also there. As we shared and testified of the saviour, his true gospel, and the restoration, the spirit filled the room. We came to find out that the mother had been sick, and so we offered her a blessing by the authority of God and she accepted. They accepted that we come back another time, and are excited to learn more. I have seen many times that God leads us to his children that are waiting, and if we follow his spirit we can find those families that need us.


Testimony Time:


I truly love the Christmas season, especially in the Lords work because the people are so much more open to allow us into their house to bring the true Christmas spirit. There is nothing wrong with the aspects of Christmas that are fun and joyful like family gatherings, giving of gifts, food, and decorations, but we must remeber the true meaning of this season. Thanks be to God that he sent his son to be born to be the Saviour of the world! Thanks be to God that we can also be born again, we can remove the weight of the past, we can one day become like him! It is so wonderful and glorious! We can rejoice at the fact that we can find that removal of our sins! We can rejoice at the fact that we can be families forever! We can rejoice for his love and grace! I have found so much peace and happiness in my life thanks to following his example and being one of his desciples. He does not force us, rather he invites us to come, follow him. There is nothing more amazing! The world can say otherwise, but I am here to testify that He is the only way to be really happy. I love my Savour and our Saviour with all of my heart. I rejoice because of his birth, and because we is the light of my life. I love this season, but we can receive the joy all year through his sacred gospel and holy covenant. Of this I testify in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen




PS This is the website to watch the video and to feel the true spirit of Christmas!


https://www.mormon.org/christmas



Illustration of the birth of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment