Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 5, 2015 email " Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servant, it is the same"



Tortillas:17

My favorite part of this week was the opportunity to be able to listen to the modern day prophet and apostles!  What an amazing blessing to be able to hear the voice of God today jus as we did in ancient times, through his servants the prophets.  I feel so blessed to be a part of the marvelous restoration.  I know that what they teach us is true, and the will of God.  We were in Xela all Saturday and most of Sunday because they did not show the broadcast in our building.  Other than that, it was still a wonderful week!  We saw many instances of the Lord leading people to us and allowing us to bless lives.  He knowing each of us personally, and what our needs are, our weaknesses, and our strengths.  If we trust in him and in the future, we will be guided by his light safely home and in peace.  He loves us more than we can even imagine and I am grateful to read the scriptures and pray everyday to be able to feel his love.


Mejor Milagro:

So, one day we found ourselves walking down a dirt side street.  As we passed the house, we heard someone yell out, "Hey guys, how are you?"  When we heard it, we immediately stopped to see where it was.  It was not the normal English that the kids yell, but it was a perfect accent.  As we began to search for the person a man walked out of the house and began to talk to us in perfect English, probably the best that I have heard here.  We talked for a moment, and then he invited us in.  We also met his wife, and the two of them had lived in the states for 20 years, but decided to come back to their home country to live a calmer life.  We talked a bit about the gospel and offered if they would like to learn about the gospel and the message we bring, and they accepted!  So, a couple of days later we met and had an amazing lesson about the restoration.  The spirit was so strong, and we came to find out they had felt an emptiness in their life and were working to become more Christian.  We could testify of the restoration and the peace it can have in their lives, and we could see a new light in their eyes.  I feel so grateful that the Lord lead us to them, and has been preparing them to hear this glorious message!  I know that it is true, and that it is the peace to fill the emptiness that they feel.


Testimony time:

This past weekend we had the amazing opportunity to hear the voice of God through his modern Apostles and Prophet, and I feel my testimony grow from these men.  Their sacred calling, and Jesus Christ.  I testify that our Lord directs his own church in our days.  So that one day we can return to his presence and enjoy eternal happiness as families.  I testify of his Prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  His instruction to keep the commandments and develop attributes of the Savior and of fullness of all times is true.  Following him will lead us through the darkness.  The only true way to happiness now and in the eternity is by abiding by the laws of God.  he has not given us them in order to restrict us, but he has given us the commandments because he knows what will make us happy.  I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ with all my heart, and Wish to be like them and serve them worthily.  The Lord is preparing his people to return to his presence, and there is no time to waist as we live in these last days.  I testify of his power and glory, and of his eternal truth which brings me more joy than I can express.  In the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Today is P Day, We had a fun day! There is so much to explore, we went to see some Mayan carved faces!  












 This is the good life!


Elder Bentley is a stud! He works so hard and is helping me grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment