Monday, November 17, 2014

First Baptism, Marixta November 10, 2014

Tortillas: 26
Steps: 72290

¿Que Pasa?

Gabe in Huehue on the roof of Elder Daltons and Elder Baadsgaards house.

Tell dad that I cut my own hair and he can see in the pictures! I used Elder Baadsgaards clippers and will buy my own when we go to hue hue for p day. 


Another beautiful amazing week in the garden of the mission. Much of the week was spent on a bus because we had a zone meeting in Huehue and then I stayed there for divisions with our zone leader, Elder Dalton. He is a super great missionary and I learned a ton from him. We have been working really hard, and this week we had our first baptism. Her name is Marixta and she has been taking lessons for 5 months! She works for a super awesome member couple and they have helped so much with her conversion. We started the service in the church building, but the difference is that we had to walk 15 minuites to the river for the actual ordinance. It was so amazingly beautiful, and the spirit was so strong. There where tons of people there, like 30 and it was so amazing to see them sitting on the rocks watching. It was a wonderful experience and a testimony builder. 


Mejor Milagro:

In english this means best miracle. Every day I witness miracles, and I had the idea to share the best with you all! This week I have a couple. First, the father and son of Famillia SopChavez came to church! It has been a long process, but their hearts are being softened. Also, we are working on helping them stop drinking coffee, but it is difficult. But, the mother Maria when we told her that they needed to stop drinking coffee grabbed all of the coffee in the house and threw it away! She has so much faith and I know that she will lead their family into the waters of baptism. Luckily, here they have MorCafe, which tastes just like coffee but Maiz based and not bad. Lots of members give it to us and drink it. At first I did not like it, but I am actually starting to like it with how much I have to drink it HAHA! But, it is really helping Familia Sopchavez to stop drinking coffee. Other miracle, we had an appointment with an investigator, but when we arrived she was not there. So, we decided to knock some doors. The first, was a church... But no one was there. The second, a little boy answered. We asked if his parents where home, and he said his mom was at work and his dad in the US, but Chandy was home. We waited, and you know who showed up? A less active member that we had been looking for! So, we went inside and talked and got to know his family who is HUGE and he is the only member. He felt like he had sinned and could never come back to church and that is why he was not coming. So, we taught him that he could repent and our now helping him come back to the fold. We also are going to start teaching his family and we are really excited! Heavenly Father puts people in our path every day, and this was just one of the more amazing times!

Testimony Time:

Heavenly Father prepares so many of his children to hear the gospel. He wants for us to be happy and I have gained such a great testimony that every soul is important. At times it is stressful to have the responsibility, but the joy that comes from talking ot people about the way to true happiness is greater than any other joy that I have ever felt. I know that Heavenly Father loves us all and because he loves us he sent his son Jesus Christ. Being his servent I have grown my relationship so much and it is one of the greatest blessings of my entire life. I love this gospel and I know that all who test on the words of the scriptures can love it just as much as me. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen

Elder Richardson

I asked Gabe some questions and here are his responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment