Tuesday, November 4, 2014

And there shall be one fold, and one Shepherd October 27,2014

¡Qué tal manos?

Tortilla count: 45

Second week in the mission field, and the work is going great! We have a small branch of about 65 members, 40 that attend  that we are working with. We have a lot of lessons with less actives and recent converts right now, but our new goal is to start focussing on finding some more people. Right now we have 7 dates set for baptism! So amazing! One is a young adult women named Maritza! She had her date set before I arrived, but we have worked a lot with her to prepare her and with understanding the doctrine. Her baptismal date is for the 8th of November! The other 6 are a family with the last name Sopchavez. They sell vegitables and hot dogs (Guatemala street hot dogs, they are as good as I thougt) and I was able to set their baptismal date the second day I was here, because they had lessons before we arrived. Their is a father, mother, 19 year old daughter, 16 year old son, 13 year old daughter, 11 year old daughter, and 5 month old grandson. They are so amazing and I love them so much. Their is only one problem, the father and son have not come to church! They were supposed to be baptized also on the 8th, but they have to come to church at least twice! We had a beautiful lesson this week called Cristo el razon where we help them understand the atonement. It was so amazing and I know that they know this is the truth, but the father and son have doubts about the Book of Mormon and baptism because they were baptised in another church. We will have another lesson with them this week and figure out what to do. 

With all of the different churchs down here, it is hard to distinguish our selves. The cool thing is that I get to learn a lot about the bible! The bible is the way that we help introduce people to the Book of Mormon, and I am so grateful for this opportunity! As long as we can get people to read the Book of Mormon and praying, asking sincerely for an answer they will know the true path to return to our Heavenly Father. 

Testimony Time:

Kenz did this in his emails, so I think I will also. The title of the email is from John 10:16. We use this alot and 3 Nephi 15:21 to help people understan that their heritage are the people form the Book of Mormon and that their is evidence in the Bible of the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted me so much to convert the ancectors of the people in the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for the guidance of the spirit. As missionaries, we use it so much and rely on it so much. If it were not for the spirit, I would not be able to be a missionary. I know that throught the spirit we can know the truth of all things, and with the gift of the Holy Ghost after baptism we can have his companionship with us always, as long as we stay worthy. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and we can improve our lives if we live by its precepts! I know that Jesus Christ loves us and want nothing else than for us to return to his and our Heavenly Fathers presence. I love the people here in Guatemala and the help that Heavenly Father has given me as I preach his gospel and do what he will have me do!

¡Les Amo Mucho y sé que ustedes pueden recibir el conocimiento que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero, José Smith fue un profeta y que nuestro padre celestial nos ama!

I love you all so much and know that you can receive the knowledge that the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that our Heavenly Father loves us!

Elder Richardson

Elder Richardsons missionary tag.  This is the location in Santa Ana where they will baptize.


Running water out of the kitchen sink.......Gabe said the water looks like this when it rains.....It rains more than it doesn't rain......  He did say the water coming out of the shower does not look as bad!

Gabe said the town is very tropical.  Here is a view from an area where they were hiking.  Santa Ana is 10 miles from the Mexican Border.

Joe and I were not thrilled with these pictures....But Gabe told us they are being safe and the buses are so crowed that sometimes they have to jump on the back and HOLD ON!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment