Saturday, October 4, 2014

FEED MY LAMBS

Hola,


Happy Birthday Jesse! So awesome to hear about your ski pass! My buddy Elder McVay is a Big skier, and so you me mike and him will go ski when I get back! Love you!


So, another very fast week at the CCM! It does not even feel like I have been here for almost a month! We have been having a fun time by doing silly stuff like Sueter Sabado, spanish verb game with the hackysack?, spraying water into our mouths and cracking missionary appropriate jokes! On tuesday we have a group leaving. The guys that we have been rooming with, Elder Brown and Rodriguez leave for Honduras! They are great guys and I am sad to see them go. There are no more nortes coming to Guatemala, so we will have some hispanoamericanos as room mates!


To date, the CCM has been amazing! Lately it has been frustrating because of repetitiveness and we have a teacher that is being a little bit difficult, but really I love it here a lot. Sometimes it is hard to stay on task with so many friends around me to talk to, but we do really well with balancing work and play. Yesterday we had a general health talk about how to keep yourself safe which had some scary sicknesses, but I know that Heavenly Father will bless me. There's a sickness that is common called the denghee fever that makes you want to die and worms that will climb up into your feet if you are barefoot, but if I am obedient I will be fine. The funny thing is that to purify the water here you have to boil it and put chlorine in it, and so to make it taste fine everyone drinks tang! Haha! You never would have thought that raising me on tang you actually benefit!


I will finish 2 Nephi today. I have been focusing on learning Preach my gospel and spanish grammar, but that is about how far most people are. Elder Thorne and I have been setting goals each week of how far to read, and so we will see how far we are next week. It is difficult to read because I don't understand a lot, but it is necessary and making goals with Elder Throne helps a lot.

The quote for the subject is from St John 21. Everyone read it! I am so excited to show my love for Christ as I feed his sheep in Guatemala and bring my brothers and sisters unto him. I am so grateful for his love that I have felt. Yo se que Jesucristo nos ama y es nuestro redentor!


Love you All!

Elder Richardson



Guatemala City Guatemala Mormon Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment