Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 9,2016 "con todo su corazón"



Tortillas: 7

Qué tal mi familia amado! This was a great week with a lot to do, and very blessed in the Lords service! We took another trip to the Capital de Guatemala for my companions visa.



 This time we had about two hours free around the city, which we spent contacting and getting some food that does not exist in Xela! It was interesting to see how different the people are in different parts, but now I have worked in different missions haha!










 We were working a lot with our investigators this week, and one of the greatest blessings was being able to participate in helping one enter into the Waters of Baptism! Her name is Astrid, and the greatest blessing was that her son, Kenny, baptized her! He has been a member for about 2 years, and for about the last 3 months we have been teaching his mother. She has made great changes in her life, and has prepared well to make this covenant with God. 


Mejor Milagro:

About 3 months ago, we contacted a family in the street at about 9:00 that was very interesting in learning more about the gospel. We went to visit them in their home, but never found them! We tried a couple of times, but someone soon told us that they had moved. So, the time passed an we knew nothing about them until 2 weeks ago we saw them walking in the street. At the moment I saw them, their names came into my mind (The miracle is I remembered haha!) and we stopped them and began to talk. They still wanted to learn more, and so they showed us where their new house was. We were on divisions when my companion arrived for the first time to teach them, and all he said was they were nice but talked a lot haha! But, we went and visited them another time, and it was completely different. They were listening very attentively, and they received the message of the gospel with much excitement! We challenged them to prepare for baptism, and they excepted! The Lord always will find ways to change his children's hearts and help them to come unto him and find true happiness though his amazing gospel!

Testimony Time:

I have begun to study the Book of Mormon again, and a scripture taught me something that it had never taught me before, in 1 Nefi 1:5, which says, 

"Wherefore it came to pass that my father, Lehi, as he went forth prayed unto the Lord, yea, even with all his heart, in behalf of his people."

I imagine that Lehi was going about, doing normal things in life, but always faithful in his prayers. He continued with diligence to pray to the Lord, not just at 1 time during the day but I imagine that he was in constant communication with the Lord. As he prayed, he prayed with all of his heart. Sometimes we take prayer very casually, but how often do we pray with "all of our heart"? Really, the act of doing it is not easy. The act of constantly praying is not easy either, but that is the level that the Lord wants us to get to. I have grown in my relationship with God hugely in fact because of when I put effort into praying. I work so that my prayers are not just a script of thanks and a grocery list of things that I need, but that it is a conversation where I talk with him and listen so that he talks with me. There are many times that we are tired and the we don't with to exhert the force needed for a prayer with all of our hearts, but we can learn form Lehi that the great experiences with getting to know the Lord, come closer to him, and being changed by him comes as we prayer with all of our hearts. I can testify that as we each work to make our prayers more personal, more meaningful, and more heartful with true intention, that is when we can see that great changes in our lives and the changes in the world. What a great blessing it is, to have direct communication with the great and almighty creator and most powerful being in the universe! Even greater is that promise that whatever thing we as the father in the name of Christ will be answered! We truly are blessing to be children of a celestial King, and to have the potential to become like him. He will teach us, guide us, and even correct us, of which we can be grateful. Of this I testify in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

--
Elder Richardson
Misión Guatemala Quetzaltenango
josephr@myldsmail.net
P-Day fun!  My life is wonderful!!
Today for P day we went to a place called Olintepeque to get stuff for the wedding we will have later today (I will write about that next week!). 



No comments:

Post a Comment