Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 20, 2016 "fulfilled thus far, every whit"



Tortillas: 15

This week was great and very busy, with more than usually happening! One occurrence that made it go by fast was a trip that we had to take the the City of Guatemala with a missionary going home. Farewell Elder Workman, we love you!  Well done!




It is amazing to see how big the city is now that I am so used to Xela and small villages. Nice to see some more modern things, but also nice to be back under the moon of Xelaju and the volcano of Santa Maria. I have spent most of my mission in this wonderful city, and each day I love it more and more. The people are very different from any other place. Very rooted in their traditions, but very loving to everyone that they meet. I have learned a lot as I have served them.  

Mejor Milagro: 

We have some time that we have been teaching a family that Elder Maynes and I found contacting, and it is amazing to see the progress that they are making, with is truly divine. They are from a far away mountain village, but have come to the city to work. They live in a very humble home, and much of our teaching is not easily understood, but they have taken quickly to the gospel, thanks to the father. The first time we met him, he was actually drunk. But, ever since we have taught the restoration and the Book of Mormon, he has been reading and coming to church. His life has been changing, and he is anxiously preparing for baptism. We are seeing that little by little his family is following his example. Now, his wife included is coming to church, and his mother in law who at first had no desires to learn more is being captivated more every time we visit. The amazing thing is that the father is the only one that can read, but because of the spirit the others are gaining their testimony of the truth of the restoration. I am so grateful to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to be able to help in the progress of his children, and for me it is an amazing blessing to see how much this gospel blesses my brothers and sisters. 

Testimony Time:

As I finished the book of Ether, I was impacted by the story of Corantumr, a wicked man that chose to continue in his wickedness, even when the prophet Ether had warned him of the consequences. What impacted me is in Ether 15:3, which says,

"3 He began to repent of the evil which he had done; he began to remember the words which had been spoken by the mouth of all the prophets, and he saw them that they were fulfilled thus far, every whit; and his soul mourned and refused to be comforted."

When we chose to listen or not to listen to the words of the Prophets of God, we will always at some point come to realize the bad consequence or the blessings. In the story of Corantumr, he came to know that Ether was a prophet because as promised, he saw the destruction of his people and was left alone. In our days, thanks to the restoration, we have the knowledge of modern day Prophets and Apostles. What a blessing it is! They are the mouth of God, and we can receive direct instuction of God though them. God has given us our agency to choose to follow his councel or not. I can testify that we will always find our happiness and success as we follow the council of Gods chosen servants. We must study to know the word of God each day, and then apply is it in our daily lives. We will see the blessings, and I see them every day as I come closer to my Saviour and Heavenly Father. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

 My birthday package came!!!  It only took 5 1/2 months to get to me! Love you!
 We have so much fun on P Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment