Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February 16, 2015 "Ya me voy"









Tortillas: 65

Hola mi pueblo! This week was a great week! On saturday we had the opportunity to have the baptism of Hermano Edilmar Monzon. He is the last in his family to be baptised, and I am excited to be with them when they go to the temple in a year! Today we were not able to have the baptism of Eleo and Ludy, and sadly it looks like I will not be hear for the baptism. We found out last night that I have changes and will be leaving Santa Ana Huista. What an amazing area to start my mission. I have learned so much from the amazing members and really the amazing people that are here. It is a little bit sad, but I know that Heavenly Father needs me somewhere else. I am so grateful for the blessings that Heavenly Father has given to me and that he has trusted me enough to work in this area. 






Mejor Milagro:

One day we were waiting for the bus to go to Buxup. As we were waiting, I started talking to man whos brother lives in San Diego. He told me about how his brother is a pastor there, and this lead into a conversation about the gospel. It just turns out that recently he has made the decision to leave his church. So, of course we set an appoinment to stop by his house and he was very open to hearing our message. So, a couple of days later we arrived at his house. We soon find out that he is VERY knowledgable in the gospel because of the training he receive in his other church. He likes to talk alot, so we did not get the chance to teach much about the restoration but we still invited him to church. It turns out that he is good friends with Hermano Jorge who has been inviting him to church for years and was very open to coming! And so, Sunday arrives, and to our suprise he came to church! He activly participated in the classes and said he really like what he had learned. It is sad that I will not get to see what will happen with him (His name is Delmar), but I know that Heavenly Father has other plans

Testimony:

As I leave my first area of the mission, I thought it would be nice to share my testimony in general. I am so grateful that I am able to preach the restored gospel of Jesus Christ among his children here in Santa Ana Huista. He has prepared many people especially for me to teach as I have been here and my testimony of that he loves us each individully has grown so much. He has demonstrated this in my own life but also in the life of those that I have been able to see the spirit change their hearts and souls. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us. I know that the same church that Jesus Christ established while he was here on the earth is restored, and what peace it brings to my soul! It brings me so much happiness that I have the opportunity to be with my family forever, and that I can take part in helping other have this same opportunity. I have grown to love the people of Guatemala and I am excited to continue to grow as I to the Lords work in a different are. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and what blessing it has brought to my life. It has changed me for the better, and for that I wish to share it with everyone. These things I say in the sacred name of my leader, master, and ejemplar, even Jesus Christ, Amen. 


I asked Gabe about his living arrangements and said I was worried he said, " Mom you don't have to worry so much about where I eat but you do have to worry about me getting fat because they feed me so well!"






No comments:

Post a Comment