Wednesday, December 10, 2014

HE IS THE GIFT! (December 1, 2014 email)

Tortillas: 45
Steps: 40,536

Wow! What a crazy week! First, I will start with Thanksgiving. For Thanksgiving we went to Xela for the 6 week meeting. I woke up and 2:15 Am, and spent 12 hours in a camioneta (What they call the buses)! It was pretty painful, also really cold. We are not used to the cold in las huistas... 




But, it was so worth it, because we got a real thanksgiving dinner!!! With Pumpkin Pie, Turkey!!!, Ham and all the good stuff! It defenitely was not like home, but I have never tasted better turkey, probably due to the lack of!



I was able to see all of my buddies from the CCM, and that was a huge blessing. That was a huge blessing. 






Other than Thanksgiving, we had a great week this week. The Familia Sop Chavez is progressing very well. This week we had a special lesson about the Book of Mormon with them, and it was so amazingly spiritual. I felt the spirit so strong as I testified of the Book of Mormon. Other than this, we also have Moises who is the son of a member. Our first lesson with him he was not very interested, but we invited him to start reading the Book of Mormon and he read the intro and testimony of Joseph Smith! Our last lesson I was telling him that we wanted him to read a special chapter about Jesus Christ, and he was so excited and almost cut me off asking what chapter it was! We are really excited and he has a lot of potential! We were not able to get a lesson with Avilia this week... she is really hard to get a hold of because she has weird times that she is not home, and we cant schedule anything in advance, but we will see this week! 

Mejor Milagro:

We went to have a lesson with an investigator, but when we got there she was not there. But, what we have learned is that lessons always fall for a reason. So, we started searching. Next door was a guys standing on his roof. So, we started to talk to him. He was really interested in talking to me about america because he spent five years in the states. That is usually how convos start. So, eventually we got into his religion and the gospel, and he mentioned about how he knew that God answers his prayers. So, perfect place to start teaching the restoration. We start, and really he was super receptive. Here, really is the miracle. I started telling him the story of Joseph Smith. When I quoted the words of the prophet and his first hand account, I saw his face almost literally light up. I saw something new that was not there before. I felt the spirit testify to him the truth of the Joseph Smith story as it testified through me. So, we invited him to pray to actually know the truth. He is pretty dedicated to his church, but I am so excited to see where he goes. It was so amazing, and really cannot describe it with words. That day was not particuarlly the best day, but Heavenly Father showed his love with someone who is ready to hear the gospel!

Testimony Time:

The title of the email this week is from the inititave that the chruch is taking to spead the gospel. They published a new video (Which is so amazingly spiritual, I would suggest all to watch it!) and us as missionaries have the responsibility to spead the words as much as possible with special pass along cards. I am so excited to have the opportunity to be a missionary during Christmas! I love testifying of the divinity of Jesus Christ, and now I have the opportunity to do so and not have people ask why! This is such a special time, and we need to always remember why we truly celebrate Christmas. Behind all of the festivities and fun, their really is the one important thing. God sent his son Jesus Christ, who set a perfect example for all of us and died so that one day we will be able to live with our father again. He showed us true love, and continues to show us true love through a prophet on the earth today and the many blessings that he gives us. I KNOW THAT JESUS CHRIST IS OUR REDEEMING. Without him we would be lost, encrouched within the chains of death and hell. Without him we would be subject to him that wants us to be eternally sad. He wants so badly for us to be eternally happy. He was for us to live with our families forever. He wants for us to have a happy life. Through him, and only him, we can have all these things and all the father has. WOW! We cannot even comprehend. As I have been reading the new testimant and Jesus the Christ the spirit has re testified to me of his divinity. I know that his atonement is available to all of us, a free gift that we will never be able to comprehend or fully appreciate. I love my lord and savior with all of my heart. I KNOW HE LIVES. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Mayan ruins of Zaculeu.  Zaculeu is a mayan archaeological site located in Huehuetenango.











Interesting food of the week.  This fruit can be bought for a quet (Guatemalan money about twelve cents)  it is called Granada.



No comments:

Post a Comment